DS seems bricked. Anything I can do?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by bungiefan, Jul 19, 2008.

Jul 19, 2008
  1. bungiefan
    OP

Newcomer bungiefan Newbie

United States
    I've been using this R4 for over a year, and it was working just yesterday. The only thing I changed between when my DS was working and when it wasn't is that I put Summon Night Twin Age (from a previously reliable provider labeling it as release [2337] Summon_Night_Twin_Age_USA_NDS-XPA) on my SD card, after trimming and scanning it with NDSTokyoTrim. When I started up the DS, it said it couldn't see the SD card, which I'm used to occasionally since having to remove the spring from the R4 when it got stuck and wouldn't hold the card inside. When I rebooted the DS, it wouldn't turn on. ANother odd symptom is that when I plug in the AC adapter, the yellow light turns on for about a second and then stays off. Even with no carts plugged into either slot, it still doesn't respond to the power button. I also had a DS with broken shoulder buttons laying around to test, and the R4 with that SD card did the same thing to it.

2. Sir-Fritz

Member Sir-Fritz GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Maybe its a blown fuse?

3. yukia666

Newcomer yukia666 Member

Canada
    It can't be a blown fuse, because he just said that he tried the R4 with the same SD card on another DS...
    I'm going to guess that the bricking virus was on the ROM, but that's almost impossible (don't like using that word) because NDSTokyoTrim removes that virus while trimming.
    I think the problem, maybe, is that you have a fake R4... because there have been cases where a DS would brick when played with a fake R4.
    There isn't any solution to try, because then it may cause the DS that you are trying to test it on "brick" as well...
    So... no idea what you can do. If you're still under warranty, send it back to Nintendo (so long as you haven't FLASHED your DS, then you're still good)... or if you aren't under warranty, as a local game shop to do an "autopsy" of your DS, and ask them to check the inside. My friend did that a couple times, and the shop was able to find the problem pretty quickly [​IMG]
    Depends on whether or not the shop you go does that kind of thing xD

Good luck with your DS R4 check xD

4. bungiefan
    OP

Newcomer bungiefan Newbie

United States
    I'm in Alaska, and I don't know if any local shops here will do such an autopsy. What I've got for games stores is mainly GameStop, BestBuy, and a locally owned MicroPlay.

I don't think the R4 is fake, as I've been using the latest firmware on it with no problems since it came out. I ordered from FoundMy in May of 2007.

5. UnFallen

Member UnFallen GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Haha old topic post post post R4 sucks hahaha [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    you're an idiot.