ROM Hack DS roms on Action Replay DSi

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
Ok. We all know it cannot be done. But, I stumbled upon something that could get a ball rolling. I have the Sonic Colors Nintendo Channel demo, which is an encrypted game. Booting it alone in the ARDSi will result in a white screen. BUT! If there is a game in the top of it, and the ARDSi detects it, and you boot the demo, it plays properly. If the game is removed while the demo is playing, it will crash. Why is this happening, and can it be expanded to retail roms so it could play games like Pokemon and Mario Kart?

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
My old Datel Max Media Dock would run NDS demos just fine but wouldn't load actual roms. Don't know the reasoning behind it, but some nefarious people were able to release a rom loader for the MMD. Your honestly better off just buying a cheap flashcard.

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
Crass said:
My old Datel Max Media Dock would run NDS demos just fine but wouldn't load actual roms. Don't know the reasoning behind it, but some nefarious people were able to release a rom loader for the MMD. Your honestly better off just buying a cheap flashcard.
I have one for the DS Lite, but not a DSi Flash card. That's why I thought of the ARDSi.

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Can't you run homebrew?
So couldn't you get WAIO or something running?

But I'd just get a AK2i, nice and cheap.
wink.gif

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
The only reason I actually have the AceKard2 is because I found a local store selling them, and no, they are legit. I thought it was awkward this happened, because all Nintendo Channel demos are encrypted, and it worked on a DSi Action Replay, which I thought was odd.

I also knew that retail roms don't work- some homebrew doesn't even work, and I can't get a DLDI patch for it, IKD why. I thought that if the games were tinkered with a little bit, they could be modified enough to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: