DS Programs

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by rsx19, Mar 16, 2007.

Mar 16, 2007

DS Programs by rsx19 at 1:57 AM (919 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. rsx19
    OP

Member rsx19 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i was wondering if u had to run any programs such as DS Aim in slot one or slot 1 nd any programs

and also do i run DS Browser in slot 1 or slot 2

>noob

2. frenzalanimation

Newcomer frenzalanimation Member

Australia
    say what now....???

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    A fair amount of homebrew (and most new homebrew) uses DLDI so will work on any cart that has it (I highly suggesting getting a cart with read/write DLDI support). DLDI is basically a patch you apply to homebrew that supports it to get it to run on your card, until a few months ago you had to compile a program to support your card and it was a mess.
    To my knowledge no homebrew explicity requires a DS slot cart at this time (there are a few DS slot specific builds but that is not worth thinking about) although some may benefit from using the ram pack (which you quite obviously can not use in conjunction with a GBA cart) this being said other programs can use the RAM found in a lot fo the newer GBA slot carts (some supercards, m3, EZ4 (probably EZ3 as well)).

Some older stuff (mainly a few choice emulators) uses a GBA designed file systems so some homebrew requires a GBA slot card either with ram to load into (some M3s, Supercards and EZ4s) or NOR to load from (stuff like the EZFA or EZ1/2).

The browser has to be run from the DS slot at this time and requires either a ram pack (or equivalent such as the EZ5 3 in 1 device) or for you to patch the rom to use the RAM contained in some supercards, m3s and now G6. That list may increase as time goes on though.

4. rsx19
    OP

United States
    yeah like for the ds browser do i run it from slot 1 or slot 2

im getting the m3 ds simply and m3 lite

5. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    You patch it with the M3 patch (so it can use the RAM in the M3 lite), and run it from the slot 1 cart.

6. rsx19
    OP

United States
    yeah that what i wanted to know

thanks

7. Volsfan91

Member Volsfan91 GBAtemp Regular

United States
  8. wepoo

Newcomer wepoo Advanced Member

Australia
    Hey destructobot,
    Have you used the Opera Browser with M3 Simply + M3 Lite? Does it work well?

Is there a good link I can follow to find a site more dedicated to inof on the hacked rom?

I have a M3 Lite and want to have the browser working. Since buying it retail would mean having to carry around extra carts I'm keen on having it run with just my lite and a slot one device.

9. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    I've never used the DS online at all, not once, ever. My understanding is that once you apply the appropriate patch for your particular slot 2 cart it works just like it would with the official ram cart. But as I said, I have no actual experince with it.