Hacking DS Phat with Lite's Brightness Settings?

FifthE1ement

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been hearing users mention they have their newer DS Phat flashed with another firmware which allows for the brightness settings. They said it has to be a newer DS Phat as the older ones will just make on/off again. Does anyone have any info or can point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

FifthE1ement

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are a few other threads but the premise is simple enough.
You need a later model DS with a special chip in it which allows for brightness changing, I thought it was exclusive to some V5 firmware DS' but the last time this came up apparently some V4 ones have it as well.
See the picochat test or run a new version of flashme and it should be at the bottom of the screen if you want to know what version of firmware your DS carries.
If it can be done the new version of flashme (v7 with lite support (do not use the original V7) or you could use a lite supporting beta if you really wanted) will add this variable light levels you seek.
Once done you will be able to change light levels in the same manner as before and you will have variable light levels (although one less level than a lite).

FifthE1ement

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its odd since m DS shows Dark Green which is FW 3 but I just bought it 3 months ago? How can I find out if it will still work? I have heard that the FW tester might be wrong since newer DS's are showing green as well? Also, do you have any good links on the subject?

Thanks again,

FifthE1ement

FifthE1ement

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanksa bunch... I'll give it a try and get back to you!
bow.gif

compi_

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The DS's that came with the Nintendogs pack have "the special chip".
But it consumes A LOT of battery power at higher brighteness level than default.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou