Hacking DS Phat screen issues..

JDMEVOIXMR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took my DS Phat apart today to fix the bottom screen, because it kept flickering black and stuff. And when I put it back together, the top screen started acting up, the Cyclo DS loading screen wasn't green, it was GREY! I couldn't believe it, I inserted the cable all the way and now the colors are washed out.
dry.gif
Meh, I don't think Gamestop's gonna give me anything for it because it's a white Phat. I wanna give it to my little sister but I don't want her to have seizures because the shadow under Mario's Kart is green and Kirby is the same color as King Dedede.

I tend to use my Phat more than my lite because it has better sound coming through the earphone jack and because it's not a fingerprint magnet. Anybody ever had an experience with this same problem? Everything's connected, I don't know what could be wrong. If only the lite's speakers were as good as the Phat's...

Do you Phat users ever get tired of your screen? Like in the sun, the top screen has glare because the screen isn't directly on the LCD, but merely on top of it. That's why I only play my Phat at night
smile.gif

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you have some spare coins, you might wanna just jump on DealExtreme and grab a top screen replacement... sounds like you pooched the ribbon cable...

Or if your feeling adventurous, take that sexy thing apart again, pull the ribbon cable back out, and try putting it back in... but before you start going in and out, make sure you buy it a drink first... maybe even dinner!

JDMEVOIXMR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not that hard, I've taken it apart many times, but recently I broke one of the ribbon clamps for the touch screen, so it's a pain to put it back so that it won't move again. Btw, I can't believe DS Phat screen are more expensive than DSL ones
ohmy.gif

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1) a little electrical tape on the bottom ribbon cable will hold her in place!

2) phat stuff is more expensive because it's not being made anymore! you can't buy a phat in the store NEW anymore, but you can buy the lites... since the lites are freely available, it's easy to get parts for them!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse