DS Phat Quality

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by CheatingSoi, Mar 30, 2008.

Mar 30, 2008

DS Phat Quality by CheatingSoi at 10:42 PM (597 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. CheatingSoi
    OP

Member CheatingSoi Graphic Designer

United States
    Last year I relized that the DS Phat speakers are the same as in the Wiimote exept the Wiimote (I think) Is louder. So I always wanted to switch the two and try but I never had a spare DS phat. Anyways, I also noticed that The DS Phat has much better sound quality over the Lite. Not only does it sound better, but its louder. A good comparison is to play a song in moonshell at x400. With the Phat, I felt like I had to turn it down because it would bother other people around the house. But with the lite it was loud but not loud enough to bother anyone.

My point is, or question or whatever. Why is this? why did they downgrade the DS lite speakers? Is it because they wanted to make it cheeper and also because of space issues, or am I just imagining things?

2. fischju

Member fischju Rehabilitated Jaywalker

United States
    It has less speaker holes.

3. pilotwangs

Member pilotwangs GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    You can just use headphones with the lite.

4. jtroye32

Member jtroye32 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    They probably realized it was a single person use system and there's no reason it should be loud enough to bother anyone else around you.

5. CheatingSoi
    OP

Member CheatingSoi Graphic Designer

United States
    I guess, but the DS wasnt made to use volume X400 but I supose it still could have bothered people with just normal volume.