• Views 5,444
  • Replies 60
C

croagunk.master

OP
Nintendo-DSi-LL.jpg
33212352_1.jpg
QUOTE said:
Sony Corporation’s PlayStation Portable (PSP) sales ranked above Nintendo’s popular DS according to the latest retail data in Japan.

Friday a report from Media Create Company stated that between January 31and February 6 the Nintendo DSi LL ranked number 4 selling 11,55 units. The Nintendo DSi ranked 5th selling 9,994 units and the DS Lite ranked number 8 selling 1,056 units.

The PSP ranked as the number 2 hand-held gaming system for the week selling 30,475 units. The PSPgo ranked 9th selling 136 units during the same time period.
icon11.gif
Source

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I kind of got mislead by the title since it probably be impossible to fill the gap but it was clarified after reading.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
QUOTE said:
The PSP ranked as the number 2 hand-held gaming system for the week selling 30,475 units. The PSPgo ranked 9th selling 136 units during the same time period.
136?!?!?
that's brilliant!

C

croagunk.master

OP
mercluke said:
QUOTE said:
136?!?!?
that's brilliant!

Yeah it's kinda strange...

D

Deleted-236924

OP
mercluke said:
QUOTE said:
136?!?!?
that's brilliant!
Guiness World Record for sure.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Everyone already has a DS, big game comes out on PSP, people who've not been tempted to buy a PSP for its entire life cycle get one on the cheap for that one game.

Sony wins!

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nah, it's not strange, japanese like to have their physical games, they're not into digital distribuition at all (even if Sony sucks on this, how a virtual game can be costier than the physical game?).

And this is not the first time the PSP has outselled the DS on Japan.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Pingouin7 said:
mercluke said:
QUOTE said:
136?!?!?
that's brilliant!
Guiness World Record for sure.
Holy fuck that's shittons more that the PS2!?!!1111

C

croagunk.master

OP
BlueStar said:
Everyone already has a DS, big game comes out on PSP, people who've not been tempted to buy a PSP for its entire life cycle get one on the cheap for that one game.

Sony wins!

Is MH that popular? I hate that game. It's sooooo boring.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
croagunk.master said:
BlueStar said:

Sony wins!

It sells like water on Japan.

It's kinda like Pokemon: You love or hate the series.

C

croagunk.master

OP
Maedhros said:
croagunk.master said:
BlueStar said:

Sony wins!

Doesn't everyone love pokemon?
unsure.gif

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
croagunk.master said:
Maedhros said:
croagunk.master said:
BlueStar said:

Sony wins!

Doesn't everyone love pokemon?
unsure.gif
Not everyone. Can't expect everyone to like your favourite game because we all have different tastes in games. Like even though Final Fantasy is popular, I don't find the games fun or entertaining.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
u can definitely say tht this is not the total tht is from the beginning to now bcz of the gap as mentioned above, i was expecting it to be in a specific area or month but i guess it was for a few days
everyone has a ds these days

C

croagunk.master

OP
shakirmoledina said:
u can definitely say tht this is not the total tht is from the beginning to now bcz of the gap as mentioned above, i was expecting it to be in a specific area or month but i guess it was for a few days
everyone has a ds these days

Why can't you just write full words? How long does it take to put an a between the h and t of that?

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
BlueStar said:

Sony wins!
Keep in mind that the PSP is "drag-and-drop-easy" to hack now (sure beats hunting down a DS flashcard, which are illegal in Japan). That and most people, like you said, have bought the DS -- most probably twice at least.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Chuck your brain out the window, it's useless, use your head instead