GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
i was drawing with it on my DS and then it couldnt save anymore, suddenly couldnt open up my saved drawings, so i went to restart it.
then the main screen of G6 was blank, like there is no game inside, same for GBA mode.

then i plugged it to my laptop, it got recognized but there is 0 space left, and there is just one file called "b.." which has 1byte of storage, thats all.

what should i do to get it back? since i heard scandisk will ruin the G6 (since its FAT16)

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
i was drawing with it on my DS and then it couldnt save anymore, suddenly couldnt open up my saved drawings, so i went to restart it.
then the main screen of G6 was blank, like there is no game inside, same for GBA mode.

then i plugged it to my laptop, it got recognized but there is 0 space left, and there is just one file called "b.." which has 1byte of storage, thats all.

what should i do to get it back?
since i heard scandisk will ruin the G6 (since its FAT16)

Verocity

Ö!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Im not a pro with micro-sd cards or the G6 but i would try messing with that b file.

Try deleting it or renaming it or making it read only..try to run a disk cleanup or a defragment to your micro sd.

After you've tried to do all of this, then try and format it.

Also when accessing cards like this make sure you do safe removal when removing it that can corrupt the card.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
thnx for ur reply but i'm waiting to get a professional help from shaunj66 or others.

and G6 doesnt have micro-sd or any other cards inside, it is a storage device itself.

for safely remove advice, it was in my DS when it got corrupted, not in pc.

thnx for ur caring.

Drackel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the built-in self test/format, and start over. Turn on the DS with the G6Real and hold down L+R. Proceed from there and start over.

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
there have been quite a few cards screw up lately and i remember a thread where someone suggested using a piece of software but i can't for the life of me remember which one.
rolleyes.gif

i'll do a quick search.
smile.gif

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
You should backup your saves if you mess around with homebrew a lot. But yeah, not much use in telling you that now!
smile.gif

Anyway, I have a g6 lite and experienced some sort of corruption once (was a bit different as I still saw my files but also had a new directory with 2 gb of data on there, but who knows the same solution may work). What worked for me is checking the disk for consistency in Windows. To be more specific, I was running Windows 2000 at the time, and rebooted my pc and Windows started to check the thing for consistency on it's own. After I let it run, my cart was fine again.

It's possible from Windows too, but for some reason that didn't work for me.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
how sad, i just wanted to post my drawings on gbatemp, there was also one dedicated to gbatemp : (
i formated it but didnt use mputility, since said in the faq, do u think i'll be ok or i'm forced to use mputility?

should i use DSnote again?

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
You should use it again if you like it but back up your save files weekly(Or Daily, when ever you plug it in your lappy,etc). Send the author a email telling them what happened and they might fix it in the next version.

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like others mentioned, you're going to have to format it. There's just no way around it, it sounds like.

But now you've learned something though. You must back up your saves every time you connect to the computer. That way, formatting won't be a big deal at all.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
i formated it ( i just lost like 3hours of my saves).
but the problem now is that sometimes when getting to GBA mode, it takes a whilel to load the list of games, tough there is just 3 games in there and its like 10mgs of GBA games and i have like 25mgs of free space.

so what makes it to slow down while loading the list?
sometimes it loads the list so fast, sometimes it takes like 7seconds.
I dont have problems with 7 seconds of waiting but I think its maybe sign of a problem. what do you think? should i use mputility?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou