ds not detecting cyclo ds evo

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by blaiwesd, Jun 13, 2007.

Jun 13, 2007
  1. blaiwesd
    OP

Newcomer blaiwesd Newbie

United States
    "Grah, this is becomng very infuriating, after receiving my Cyclo Ev today, I popped it in the ds to get a good ol' "There is no DS Card inserted". Great. so After many reinserts later, the "CycloDS Evolution" pops up. After checking out the interface, I decided to power down the DS. On reboot, there was now just a blank Icon where the Cyclo Ds should have been. Upoon clicking it, the system froze. Now everytime I turn it on I either get no Card inserted or a blank icon, and if I am LUCKY, OCCASIONALLY it will show Cyclo DS. This is extremely dissapointing. I don't know if [they] produced a bad batch or if my card is just faulty, or if [all the cycloevs] are all like this, but I am so far thoroughly dissatisfied with the Cyclo EV. 55+17 shipping = 72 dollars. This non-booting card is definately not worth more than [twice] the cost of the R4 just for download play."

http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=192

I have already posted this over at the Team Cyclops forums. We'll see what happens. If I were you I would hold out on buying a cyclods evo

2. bobrules

Member bobrules GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Blow in to the slot 1, blow on the card, then blow in the microsd insertion place.

3. blaiwesd
    OP

Newcomer blaiwesd Newbie

United States
    Lol if only that worked. .. Oh can someone move this tothe proper forum (flashing hardware etc )

4. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    Don't blow on your parts. That only works on really old consoles. Instead you'll probably get saliva in there.

If the problem is cart connection (ie problematic connectors), try testing by pushing the cart down when you put it in and hold it down to its furthest level whilst starting the ds. that helps me when my passme device isnt recognised.

5. blaiwesd
    OP

Newcomer blaiwesd Newbie

United States
    no it still doesnt help. im going to have it exchanged through divineo. hope this one will work

6. yukine

Member yukine GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Should of bought an R4? [​IMG]

Sounds like you got a defective one, you'll just have to exchange it.

7. Xeijin

Member Xeijin GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Not true, got my R4DS working. Saliva? Come on... We're not SPITTING in there!

8. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    blowing into the slots does work unless you really have a defective unit. Blowing still works these days [​IMG]

9. HBK

Member HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Portugal
    It sure does. [​IMG]

10. Retal

Member Retal GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom

11. cheapassdave

Member cheapassdave GBAtemp Regular

United States
    thats funny cuz im still in the habit of blowing into game hardware. just like last week when my r4's spring stop working and i blew it in...thinking it was going to work.

it didn't. [​IMG]

12. dbgtdob

Member dbgtdob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    i usually blow in my ds hole my R4 boots up 1/4 of the time now, i have to blow inside the dsl and the pins on the R4 and after 3-4 tries it boots, but this is also true if i use my ez pass and ez flash iv, guess my white dsl is dying or something lol, although it works perfectly fine on retail games.

13. blaiwesd
    OP

Newcomer blaiwesd Newbie

United States
    yukine: already have r4, bought this for download play

Looks like others are having issues as well over at the teamcyclops forums.
    Teamcyclops has offered to replace the unit. I just hope that after spending the money to have the defective one shipped to hong kong, the replacement works to my satisfaction.