DS not charging?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by blizeH, Apr 7, 2007.

Apr 7, 2007

DS not charging? by blizeH at 12:39 AM (1,178 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. blizeH
    OP

Member blizeH GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Hi guys,

My cousin has a problem with his DS; when you turn it on nothing happens, and it won't charge either. If you try plugging the charger into the DS then the charging light will come on very briefly and then go out again, so it's almost like the battery has died and won't charge anymore [​IMG]

I've tried a different charger and also tried swapping the batteries in that DS with his sister's DS and still no luck with getting the thing to turn on or charge.

Any suggestions would be great, thanks!

2. Godot0102

Newcomer Godot0102 Advanced Member

United States
    Was this ds modded?

3. pewpz

Member pewpz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Seems like you've done as much as you can do. Other than taking it apart and checking for loose nuggets, there isn't much you can do. If it's out of warranty, then just pay Nintendo and get it fixed.

4. blizeH
    OP

United Kingdom
    It's been flashed so sending it back to get fixed isn't an option unfortunately! [​IMG] Taking it apart is a good idea as a last resort though, what kind of thing/area should we be looking at?

5. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    NoFlashMe to the rescue! It might not fully remove the traces - but it should be enough >_>. Usually if something is disconnected the DS turns off automatically. You should be looking for any loose connections around the charger port. From your description (the light flashes on for a second), I wouldn't think it is a loose connection - but check anyway

6. byran

Newcomer byran Newbie

United States
    hey man, mine did this, well...it played but didnt charge...the fuse right underneath the charger input on the circut came half off, so i resoldered the fuse down and that was murder she wrote....works like a charm now.....

so really ask him if it still played before it died but didnt charge, if so its probably the same thing, there soo tiney....

gotta be more carefull from now on

7. Akoji

Member Akoji +5 internets to psyfira for avatar.

Canada
    Mine does exactly the same thing , but the weird part is that it the brand new one i just received from nintendo back from it reparations... So i think i will have to send it back again (i just received it today and yes i charged it , but it does the same thing.) ... im starting to hate nintendo costmer service.

8. blizeH
    OP

United Kingdom
    Awesome, cheers guys, going to buy one of these for myself for when I want to mod a Wii (if I ever get one [​IMG]) and I presume it'll work just fine with both old style DS and the DS Lite?

9. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    Yeah it will

- Sam

10. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I have the exact same problem. It started two days ago. I dont know why this is happend to me because my ds has never been droped and its been looked after really carefully. I dont take it out in my pocket or anything. [​IMG] So have we foudn another defect. IS your nds a lite?

11. blizeH
    OP

United Kingdom
    Nice, thanks Sam, will order it a bit later today!

thegame; nope, it's an old standard DS that he's using!

12. blizeH
    OP

United Kingdom
    Took it apart, couldn't see anything particularly wrong; what should I be looking for?

13. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    Any dislodged parts(SMD's,etc). Check near the charging slot. Take a picture of the board so we can help you.