DS N Card trouble

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by johannus, May 16, 2008.

May 16, 2008

DS N Card trouble by johannus at 12:43 PM (1,103 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. johannus
    OP

Newcomer johannus Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi, hopefully someone here can help me. I recently bought three N Cards (for my girlfriend, her sister, and myself). I did the quick format and then put the downloaded xmenu file onto the card. Then began copying the games over, and everything worked great. That was only the one card though. When I came to do the same thing for my girlfriend and myself I hit a problem. I carried out the exact same process (albeit on a different laptop, still windows though), but this time after copying a few games over I got an error message about the path being too deep.

I have tried searching for some help about that error, and it seems that if the entire path name is too long then its a problem. However, Im only copying from a folder on my desktop to the card itself. Also some of the games will copy onto one of the two cards but not the other, and so far we havent had any trouble copying games to the first card we did.

Oddly we can copy games from one card to the other no problem (so far) so we could put them all on the card that works properly, and then transfer them all from there. but this isnt really ideal (especially when that card belongs to a 12 year old who is eager to use it herslef lol).

If anyone has any ideas of how to fix this I would be very grateful.

2. jordanlp

Member jordanlp GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Dude, the N Card usually breaks your DS... in other words, by using it you just killed you and your girlfriends and her sister's ds's.

3. spinal_cord

Member spinal_cord Knows his stuff

United Kingdom
    I would like to refrain from suggesting that that is a completely stupid comment, but I can't.

That is a completely stupid comment.

I have been using an Ncard clone for ages and absolutely no harm has come to my DS [because of it].

As for the problem, have you tried copying the files from lower on your drive? Perhaps place your files in a folder like c:\roms and copy them to the card from there. You mentioned that it works copying from card to card, I'm guessing this is because both cards will be seen as root drives in windows, e.g. f:\ and g:\ so the files will be low enough down to not cause any problems. The desktop folder is quite far from the root in later versions of windows (no longer c:\windows\desktop) so it would seem that is where the problem is coming from.

4. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    Did you reformat it on your computer? I don't think you are supposed to reformat on the computer, I think it breaks it.

5. jordanlp

Member jordanlp GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I meant sometimes

6. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Two things.

1. Are you confused with the N5?

2. If you meant sometimes, then you shouldn't have said " by using it you just killed you and your girlfriends and her sister's ds's. " And should have said that it's possible that it can break your DS.