Ö!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know yall have probley heard a billion of these but I would like to know. I want to try and pump some nice looking videos out on my ds and I know its capable. Ive done dpgtools but maxed out its not that great. I notice BatchDPG is slower than dpgtools for some reason. Is there any other seperate homebrew or application that can run any other type of video file? I mean is .DPG the only type out there for the DS?

My videos are working theyre just not clear like I would want them, for example on my Family Guy, the solid colors are pixilated and broken up, and the edges of the movie are crappy too. Does anyone know something better or can tell me their setup that has good QUALITY.

Thanks..
smile.gif

Bowser128

King Koopa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BatchDPG 1.3 has great quality, but it will be slower because it's actually doing more with the video. The only other format I know of is the M3's own GBM, but that's terrible.

fischju_original

I used to be a jerk before i got banned
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.dpgdownloads.com
XP
Country
United States
Version 1.3 needs moonshell 1.51, and im using 1.2 for my current encodes (see gbatmw.net). The biggest increase in audio quality from what I understand. (It also has faster seeking)

Verocity

Ö!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok im trying v1.2 right now ill try the 1.3, Batch DPG seems the way to go though.

Doing a full movie about 1 hour and 30 minute long movie, it takes me about 4 minutes for the bar to move twice, I guess thats good. So DPG is the only way, that anyone knows of?

Bowser where did you find version 1.3? I have Version 1.2 modified by Firon.

RueGorE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BatchDPG v1.3 by LS5: http://gbatmw.net/index.php?topic=2266.0

Your color and screen edge problems are likely problems of your own methods of serving video to BatchDPG for final processing. If all you do is drag'n'drop your .avi files from whatever places you download videos from, then it's likely they'll need a bit of prep work if you want truly PERFECT results. It might help for you to say exactly /what/ you are doing.

Moonshell now supports the 'new' DPG2 format.
- 24 fps widescreen videos now possible
- 32768 Hz Joint Stereo MP2 audio (DS' audio rate. Joint Stereo improves sound quality)
- "High" profile encoding -- kinda slow, but worth it!
- Near-instant seeking for "TV episode" sized programs (30 min eps)
- Older version DPGs that used to skip now don't show much (if any) skip issues.

It's important to note that DPG files are inherently built upon old MPEG video technology, albeit slightly fitted for DS use. Thus with any video, you are going to see various video artifacts (color bands, macroblocking, etc...) If you give it enough kbps, it will look a bit better. Your mileage will definitely vary!

Verocity

Ö!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replys guys!

Ok I am taking movies from DVD's so the source im getting the quality from is great then im converting them through Slysoft CloneDVD Mobile, which does a great job. Then after that I take the AVI that it made and but it into my Batch DPG 1.2 (haven't tried 1.3 yet). My current settings for Batch DPG are:

FPS: auto
Profile: VeryHigh
Width: 256
Height: 192
Bitrate: 256
Passes: 1
KVCD Matrix: (*)check
---
Audio

Bitrate: 160
Sample rate: 48000
Joint Stereo: (*)Check
Normalize: (*) Check

Any better set ups you guys have?

EDIT: You guys need to check this out I seen a video made by these guys on Mario vs Donkey Kong, Minis. It was awesome and I can believe its a small file size too. We need to find a way to get the Encoder from these people.

http://www.actimagine.com/home_customers_nintendo.htm

http://www.actimagine.com/home_set_overview.htm

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the replys guys!

Ok I am taking movies from DVD's so the source im getting the quality from is great then im converting them through Slysoft CloneDVD Mobile, which does a great job. Then after that I take the AVI that it made and but it into my Batch DPG 1.2 (haven't tried 1.3 yet). My current settings for Batch DPG are:

FPS: auto
Profile: VeryHigh
Width: 256
Height: 192
Bitrate: 256
Passes: 1
KVCD Matrix: (*)check
---
Audio

Bitrate: 160
Sample rate: 48000
Joint Stereo: (*)Check
Normalize: (*) Check

Any better set ups you guys have?

EDIT: You guys need to check this out I seen a video made by these guys on Mario vs Donkey Kong, Minis. It was awesome and I can believe its a small file size too. We need to find a way to get the Encoder from these people.

http://www.actimagine.com/home_customers_nintendo.htm

http://www.actimagine.com/home_set_overview.htm

yeah i know, it'd be awesome!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, why you hurting your sisters