DS menu problem

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by CoreInversion, Apr 7, 2007.

1. CoreInversion
    OP

CoreInversion Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2007
    United States
    Some time ago, I installed flashme, didn't like it, and uninstalled it with noflashme on a DSlite. I know this kills pictochat, but who cares. Way back then, I could access the DS menu by not having anything in slot-1. More recently I replaced my DS's case with one of the SHOCK! cases (chrome). I discovered the time settings on my DS are wrong, so I decided to try changing them, but when I started my DS with no cartriges in it, no menu, just a white screen. Is this a flashme bug where it deleted the menu? or did I break the bios chip while doing the case mod? The DS still plays games normally, but I can't set the clock or any of that. This is really bugging me now and any help would be VERY MUCH appreciated. (I already tried noflashme again, no dice.)

EDIT: WOOT! Problem solved! http://www.gbarl.it/index.php?showtopic=28218 post #14 for an NDSL-specific noflashme. Found it on this forum too, quite useful.

2. TLSpartan

TLSpartan Kills threads

Oct 20, 2006
    i would say reflash it but get some more feedback before doing anything

3. CoreInversion
    OP

CoreInversion Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2007
    United States
    Thanks for the quick response, but I already tried. No dice.
    ANyone have any ideas on how to set the time some way besides the main menu?

(worst case scenario, I'll buy a broken DS off ebay for the bios chip)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice