Hacking DS making a high pitched noise

jeronz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
My DS lite started making a loud very high pitched monotone noise. Is there anything I can do? I have the required tools to open it and everything. It's really irritating and its been giving me a headache. It is still under warranty but I'm not sure if the warranty covers this. I might have to sell it used and buy a new one as a last resort. I hate it when electronic equipment does that. The last time this happened was to an electronic jap-eng dictionary which I stepped on accidentally so it gave me an excuse to buy another one.

kevenka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well...it could be b/c of the Supercard DSONE...I use to have a supercard slot-2 and when I log online then ofline, it had muffling sounds...I don't know if it is the just the DS system for you but for me, previously, the supercard wasn't always the best. Hope this helped you.
P.S. How long does a warrenty last b/c I kinda want a new DS...

jeronz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi, I tried it without the supercard DSONE going to the menu, and also tried it with my brother's R4. Both times the DS still makes the noise.

I hope the supercard didn't cause some kind of damage? But the noise started fairly recently and I've had the supercard for about 6 weeks.

Yeah the warranty lasts 1 year but certain things they don't cover, I still have about 6 months left.

EDIT: I've submitted a webform to nintendo. It seems like this is a common problem with new DS Lites.

Rice923

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the sound very noticeable? My DS makes a high pitch noise as well, only when charging thought. It's the kind of noise a TV makes when it's left on but with no input. Some people can hear the noise, and others cannot. Most parents fail to hear the noise because of age. Is that the kind of noise yours makes?

jeronz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yes, it is a similar noise to the noise that old CRT TV's have. But I don't think it should happen with an LCD screen? (at least I've never heard an LCD make a noise like that before apart from my old electronic dictionary mentioned) I do have very acute hearing, but both my parents can hear it, too - I think its quite obvious. I can hear it even when a game is playing. The reason why I think something is faulty is that the noise has just started happening. It's of course possible that its been there the whole time, but I've lately been consistently getting a headache every time during and after playing.

Rice923

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds a lot more serious than my situation. It should very much be a hardwire problem. Try contacting Nintendo about it to see if they can fix it.

ExciteTrike

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have noticed this too but, the high pitched noise is coming from the charger and, only occurs sometimes when my DS is plugged into the charger with my R4 in the DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...