Hacking DS Lite with one "stuck" pixel

MDoggie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I bought my US DS Lite the day it officially came out from EB Games. Well, the first time I turned it on, it had this stuck red pixel on the touch screen. Called EB Games about it and not only did I get a rude associate, he told me that they wouldn't return it because of a stuck pixel, and not only that, but, they did not have any extra ones until later that month. Well, Its July 13th now, and haven't polled EB Games about this again. My question to everyone is, should I? First, I really wanted to tell off the associate the day I bought it, but, I was too excited about my purchase. Anyone have any suggestions?

tw8e60

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had a green stuck pixel, just like you but green, I used pixel fixer and I masaged the touch screen as if I wanted to remove some dirt from it and it disapeared (with a cleaning cloth for glasses), so try it, I've been constantly using my DS for like a month I havent had any more problems.

Jhed

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had a green stuck pixel, just like you but green, I used pixel fixer and I masaged the touch screen as if I wanted to remove some dirt from it and it disapeared (with a cleaning cloth for glasses), so try it, I've been constantly using my DS for like a month I havent had any more problems.

I too have a stuck pixel on my DS Lite (been there ever since I got it from Gamestop mid-June). A green one on my touch screen, in fact.

tw8e60, tell me more of this pixel fixer.

Also, do I need to have a flash cart for it? I don't have one yet...
frown.gif

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if you don't have a flash cart, you can try the following with a stuck pixel, but only if the pixel in question is near the center of the screen (the plastic covering the display is too thick to give and apply pressure to the ones located right near the edges).

turn on your system (preferrably with a game that has a lot going on during its attract mode), and apply a damp cloth over the screen and apply pressure in the area of the stuck pixel. what you're attempting to do is massage the fluid within that particular pixel cel so that the red, green or blue element fires correctly when its supposed to. remember not to apply too much pressure, but enough to get that temporary "oily" effect on your display.

miko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uao, I have one green too. So Its only about pressure??

Because I have it like 5mm from border (top screen) and its not very easy to apply pressure..
What about this software or what is it?

And what does it mean "a damp cloth" ? Is the necessary condition?

Rocco Savadgie

Trophies
XP
Country
I had a similar problem and unfortunately the usual "rub the pixel" solutions didn't work for me. So in the end I printed off this page http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/ds/trouble_spot.jsp
and brought the ds back along with the print out from that link. They changed it straight away. The Funny thing is, I powered the second DS on before I left the shop and guess what? Yep, two green stuck pixels in the middle of the top screen. The third one they gave me turned out to be fine.

Always power it on before you leave the shop (there is enough juice in a brand new battery to do that) and wait until the screen goes some colour other than white - the stuck pixels do not show up when the screen is white.

Hope that is of some use - good luck!

tw8e60

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The answer that "thieves like us" gave is basically what you have to do, in my case the pixel was on the left side of the DS but not to close of the edge, the program is called pixel fixer and can be found at : http://nintendo-ds.dcemu.co.uk/pixelfixer.shtml

Hope that helps, the masage was needed in my case, with the program runing only it didn't help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1