OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well, the story goes like this,

2 months ago i find a broken hinge, but i was ok with it. A little broken inside, but ok.

Now this month, new problems arise, like the touch screen would responed to touches (imagine that) but they would be half a inch off to either the left or right (even after extensive touch screen formating, what ever its called), plus, a crack appeared on the right side, straight through the outer plastic sourronding the power switch.

In other words, ive finally decided to send it in

So, Im just wondering, if there is anyone here who sent it in during the hinge crack crisis, what are the steps that you took to do so. I live in Canada but i doubt that it really changes anything. Any help would be great.

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
Hey is it possible you could take a photo of the crack near the power switch? I've noticed something looking odd lately on the right side of my Lite but did not look like much of a problem. I want to confirm if it's just like what you got. If you can't take a picture do you mind describing it in more detail or drawing what it may look on the computer and posting it here?

As for sending it in you can use this: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/repair/re...arts_dslite.jsp to set up a repair for your Lite.

yee

Trophies
Website
revscene.net
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I spoke to a Nintendo guy a while back and he said your one year warranty starts when you register your serial code.

My tip is to register it the day you find something wrong and then send it in the next day.

I live in Vancouver, so there is a Nintendo center about 20 minutes from my place. I just drive down there and they check it and swaps me with a new DS.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
blink.gif
I can't believe they'd fall for that late registration thing; don't they ask to send in a photocopy of a reciept with date of purchase on it?

96hondaex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
blink.gif
I can't believe they'd fall for that late registration thing; don't they ask to send in a photocopy of a reciept with date of purchase on it?

It is actually registered the day you buy it. NOA has a national database that it shares with major retailers. The retailer scans your serial number when you buy your DSL.

rickf1018

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a japan ndsl and my son took it apart and broke the power switch, I just called nintendo and they took it back and gave me a new one, now he has a US one and another year of warrenty. They won't hassle you becuae it hasn't been a year yet on the system release.

Enjoy

Rick

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i bought my ds lite from import hk and the box said it has 18 months of warrenty? i wonder if the nintendo in uk take my hk ds lite? and i don even known if my ds register?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu