Hacking Ds lite Top screen inverted colours and gba emulation

Trollface1011

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1) I recently got an r4 (probably not related) and played some backups, I was on the train with my friends they were playing on it and the top screen inverted it's colours it was not dropped before. One of my friends who owned a ds lite told me that don't push the screen until it made the snap noise i did that for a few years. He also said it happened to him and he pushed the top screen on the left for some time it went back to normal. A few days later it inverted again. The starting screen was inverted aswell since it started inverting. I pushed it it worked. It happened again but this time it did not fix. I opened it up very carefully just to see if the ribbon cable had any damaged it was not opened before but there was no sign of damage. I took of the cable like a normal ribbon cable and put it back in. I had to set up my ds settings again after that. Few days later inverted again. No fixes for weeks and I don't want to replace the screen. Is there a piece of homebrew which could invert the top screen?

2) I have a r4i gold 3ds. I use it on my ds lite. I want to emulate gba games on the go. When I emulate games on it, it is too glitchy to even play rom hacks just come up with a white screen. I Don't want to bring my switch everywhere but I can bring my ds. Is there a way so I can emulate gba games on my ds without paying for anything?

(Sorry for really long text)

Trollface1011

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh it was working one random day a few days after opening and on that day it suffered from a 50 cm fall l. It was working for the rest of the day but it inverted again. The next day if I closed it for some time and open it would be normal for no longer than 30 seconds. But it never worked after.

The emulator I was using I don't know the name of it but on my r4 it is called hbmenu which would probably stand for homebrew menu.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I want good sound from gba emu.

Trollface1011

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A bit more info

the screen is actually not inverted i put on inverted colours on phone camera but it still did not appear normal. I was being kind of dumb some times it inberted but most of the time the colours are more lighter and vibrant in games but when i turn on my ds the ds logo is a dark grey and the backround is a even dark grey but just a bit lighter than logo. Under the O of the logo there is a square it is white. When in-game when it changes scenes on the top screen for half a second it is normal.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Troll1011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have to post from a different account but i am the OP. Yesterday it did go back to normal a minute later it inverted i slowly moved the screen backwards and forward until it was normal. Then it kept on doing that

CorrinInTheHouse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...something may be wrong with your screen that keeps causing this, or maybe something corrupted and keeps corrupting the screen settings. I'm not the most tech savvy person out there, sorry.

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. The screen's flex cable is loose and can be reconnected, or damaged and needs replaced.

2. GBARunner2 might work better than GBAemu4DS, plus it's currently being worked on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: