Hacking DS lite to DSi XL a good idea for TT card?

hectorbarbosa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a DSTT card, works fine on my DS lite, all the way up to Dark dawn since I got that most appreciated update, (thank you retro!), but I'm thinking of selling my DS lite and getting a DSi XL, so will I have any trouble using the DSTT card on it as is? or do I need to upgrade the card/files in any way etc etc? sorry not the biggest expert on the differences I may need to know about in that area :\ but I've heard they changed the XL to combat these cards and all that.

Cheers for any info, and yes I did a search for similar topics, didn't find any as specific though.

hectorbarbosa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Etalon said:
You'd need a DSTTi. But there are better cards, you know.. Have a look at Acekard 2.i with Akaio.
Oh ok cheers, so for a DSiXL user what would be the best recommendations? the least buggy and most compatible/regularly updated etc? still the Acecard 2.i? any others? like top 3, not that I'm too rich at the moment
frown.gif

hectorbarbosa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
8BitWalugi said:
Get a SuperCardDS2. Compatible on DSL, DSi and DSiXL. Features a GBA Emulator, perfect AP Bypass for new games, Real-Time in-game menu, and more. What's not to like?
Yeah I was reading up on that card recently, even the review from this site itself, seems to be a fair share of pros and cons, but good nonetheless? and I see it works good for new games to avoid AP, so all the older games work fine on it too?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It depends.

Both cards work great with newer games. If your strapped for cash, there's nothing wrong with the Acekard 2i. Still gets great support from AKAIO, and has no trouble playing newer games [depending on your microSD card. I haven't had a single problem though].

But if you want near perfect SNES and GBA emulators and don't want to settle for the homebrew emulators that you can put on the Acekard, then get the DSTWO. It's just as good as the Acekard 2i at playing newer games, little better, but they're pretty much even.

The DSTWO is $35.00 however. But you get a built in GBA and SNES emulator. It's not the best, about 90-95% compatible with games. You get a lot more features for games than the Acekard such as text walkthrough, Real Time Save, Real Time Cheats, slowdown and some other cool features.

DSTWO @ www.shoptemp.com

But if you just want to play DS games, the Acekard is the best choice, as it's cheap, but still arguably, the second best flashcard available.

Acekard 2i @ www.shoptemp.com

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
cardchart.gif

• DS / DS Lite
    The card will work on an original (fat) DS or a DS Lite.
  • DSi / DSi XL
    The card will work on a DSi or DSi XL as well.
  • Game Updates
    Firmware updates are what let cards play newer games, these are the life-blood of the card.
  • SDHC
    SDHC refers to SD cards larger than 2GB (gigabytes). If there's no SDHC support, you can only use SD cards up to 2GB.
  • WiFi Update
    The Acekard 2i can update it's cheats (and get minor bug fixes) over WiFi without having to connect to a computer.
  • Clean Mode
    The DSTwo has special features to ignore AP in most games, letting you play them without having to wait for a firmware update first.
  • RTS
    The Real-Time Save (Save State) function lets you save and reload your game progress at any moment you wish.
  • In-Game Guide
    You can pull up text files and images in-game, in order to check a walkthrough or map you downloaded at any time during a game.
  • Slow Motion
    The card lets you slow down the game speed as you wish.
  • In-Game Cheats
    The card lets you create and modify cheats while the game is running.
  • Special Homebrew
    The card has multiple pieces of special homebrew, such as it's own GBA and SNES emulators, as well as text/PDF reader and video player.
  • Battery Life
    Unfortunately the DSTwo's extra CPU and RAM (which give it the special features) eat into the battery life a bit.

hectorbarbosa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
It depends.

Both cards work great with newer games. If your strapped for cash, there's nothing wrong with the Acekard 2i. Still gets great support from AKAIO, and has no trouble playing newer games [depending on your microSD card. I haven't had a single problem though].

But if you want near perfect SNES and GBA emulators and don't want to settle for the homebrew emulators that you can put on the Acekard, then get the DSTWO. It's just as good as the Acekard 2i at playing newer games, little better, but they're pretty much even.

The DSTWO is $35.00 however. But you get a built in GBA and SNES emulator. It's not the best, about 90-95% compatible with games. You get a lot more features for games than the Acekard such as text walkthrough, Real Time Save, Real Time Cheats, slowdown and some other cool features.

DSTWO @ www.shoptemp.com

But if you just want to play DS games, the Acekard is the best choice, as it's cheap, but still arguably, the second best flashcard available.

Acekard 2i @ www.shoptemp.com

QUOTE(Rydian @ Dec 2 2010, 09:37 AM)
cardchart.gif
  • DS / DS Lite
    The card will work on an original (fat) DS or a DS Lite.
  • DSi / DSi XL
    The card will work on a DSi or DSi XL as well.
  • Game Updates
    Firmware updates are what let cards play newer games, these are the life-blood of the card.
  • SDHC
    SDHC refers to SD cards larger than 2GB (gigabytes). If there's no SDHC support, you can only use SD cards up to 2GB.
  • WiFi Update
    The Acekard 2i can update it's cheats (and get minor bug fixes) over WiFi without having to connect to a computer.
  • Clean Mode
    The DSTwo has special features to ignore AP in most games, letting you play them without having to wait for a firmware update first.
  • RTS
    The Real-Time Save (Save State) function lets you save and reload your game progress at any moment you wish.
  • In-Game Guide
    You can pull up text files and images in-game, in order to check a walkthrough or map you downloaded at any time during a game.
  • Slow Motion
    The card lets you slow down the game speed as you wish.
  • In-Game Cheats
    The card lets you create and modify cheats while the game is running.
  • Special Homebrew
    The card has multiple pieces of special homebrew, such as it's own GBA and SNES emulators, as well as text/PDF reader and video player.
  • Battery Life
    Unfortunately the DSTwo's extra CPU and RAM (which give it the special features) eat into the battery life a bit.

Thanks guys, awesome info, really helped, the DStwo looks good I don't mind the odd GBA game, and its soon to have video support I hear too, but yeah the price is like double but its not too bad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM