Hacking DS Lite to be discontinued, or Price Drop?

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the DSi XL coming to America, I am wondering what Nintendo will do with its Lite system. Will they lower the price, or discontinue production of the system?
I personally think that they will eliminate the Lite in favor of a DSi and XL lineup.

Davess

On the list :D (Thanks Haflore)
Trophies
Website
www.daviddavid.webs.com
XP
Country
Canada
Sell them to 3rd world countrys
yay.gif

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I know the DSPhat is discontinued. I'm sure the Lite will be discontinued soon too. It's the way the market works. Drop older stuff to make room for newer stuff.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo doesn't sell anything with the GBA anymore, and I don't think the DS Rockband/Guitar Hero/Whatever games sell very well to begin with...

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised they haven't already discontinued the DSlite, especially if piracy is as rampant as they like to make out to be. Especially when you consider that they could jump to DSi-only software and end piracy almost completely. Well, until DSi mode is cracked anyway, which is only a matter of time. I honestly think that we may hear of DSlite's discontinuation shortly after the DSi XL arrives. Regular DS games that are already in development or planning stages may continue to be released for another year or two after DSlite's demise, but will give way to DSi-only and DS2 (whatever they may actually call the next system) games. Regardless, our "free ride" is slowly coming to an end.

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
shinkukage09 said:
Nintendo doesn't sell anything with the GBA anymore, and I don't think the DS Rockband/Guitar Hero/Whatever games sell very well to begin with...
also that there is most likely to realize. we have "Pokemon addicts" if they can't get what they want....evil things..will happen *Laughs Sinisterly*
really...those addicts will do weird things.
also it would be out of the option to get even any dual slot available...goodbye megaman dual slot....goodbye pokemon dual slot...goodbye any dual slot....
so technically seen they are using the GBA Slot all the time. it's just that you can't see it so often lately.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
megawalk said:
shinkukage09 said:
also that there is most likely to realize. we have "Pokemon addicts" if they can't get what they want....evil things..will happen *Laughs Sinisterly*
really...those addicts will do weird things.
also it would be out of the option to get even any dual slot available...goodbye megaman dual slot....goodbye pokemon dual slot...goodbye any dual slot....
so technically seen they are using the GBA Slot all the time. it's just that you can't see it so often lately.

Megaman stopped using the dual slot once RnR3 came out. And I know for a fact that the next gen won't have the Palpark, thankfully. They need to face the facts. GBA is dead, and Nintendo isn't supporting it anymore.

Bently

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well i guess they arent stopping manufactring them is because the interfaces are completly different and
some may perfer the DS lite's more simplistic interface while others enjoy the DSi, and also price difference. The DSi is about $170 Canadian Dollars while the DS lite is currently $129-139 Canadian Dollars, which is pretty big if you are in finiancial problems, etc.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if the ds lite is dropped in price even more, it will be like 90$ which is a steal seeing piracy! but im getting a XL for my birthday in march, so once dsi mode is cracked im coverd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ♫ Mama hully gully, Papa hully gully, Baby hully gully too:rofl2:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: ♫ Mama hully gully, Papa hully gully, Baby hully gully too ♫ :rofl2: