Gaming ds lite stops charging after an hour. should I be worried?

KillerLeapord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm charging my ds lite today and stops charging through my computer. the menu screen shows that battery is full charged(though I can't tell if its are 100% or not) but I'm kinda worried though since it only took an hour. does the system takes the usual 3-4 hours to charged when the battery is not fully drained?

Atashi

Out of the Loop
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada
Try using it for a while and see if the battery lasts as long as it used to. If it still works ok then there's nothing to worry about.

On the other hand, it is possible that the battery is starting to lose its capacity. When they go, they tend to have shorter discharge / recharge cycles, so it will seem to charge up faster but will also run down faster too.

It's also possible that your computer's usb port isn't putting out enough current. Some usb ports only provide 100mA and that might not be enough for the DSL's charging circuit. If you can, try charging it from its original adaptor plug and see if that gives you a better charge.

Cheers!

KillerLeapord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Try using it for a while and see if the battery lasts as long as it used to. If it still works ok then there's nothing to worry about.

On the other hand, it is possible that the battery is starting to lose its capacity. When they go, they tend to have shorter discharge / recharge cycles, so it will seem to charge up faster but will also run down faster too.

It's also possible that your computer's usb port isn't putting out enough current. Some usb ports only provide 100mA and that might not be enough for the DSL's charging circuit. If you can, try charging it from its original adaptor plug and see if that gives you a better charge.

Cheers!
I'll try that using the original plug when the battery is drained. I had the cable since jan of this year and it was doing fine all this time. But its a chinese made so maybe that has something to do with it( bought it because can charge both the lite and the 3ds).

I could replace the battery if thats the problem, but I don't live in the US so I can't order a battery from them. are they any sellers where I can buy some authentic ds lite batteries? I know the is a korean seller on ebay that sells them, but I think they're used.

@LeonardoF.Matheu
I saw that thread a few days ago. It showed up on google when I was typing the question

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ Aglae Pheryl: Is anyone familiar with former forum opg.life ? I missed the transition to the new forum over...