ds lite slot 1 connector pins

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by damon66, Mar 21, 2009.

Mar 21, 2009

ds lite slot 1 connector pins by damon66 at 8:27 AM (1,544 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. damon66
    OP

Newcomer damon66 Member

United States
    i noticed when i put in or took out ds games from my dsl it made this horrible scratching noise, and to my dismay, the 3 connector pins are bent upwards, while the 1 is bent upwards and twisted. the ds still recognized and plays all games fine, but i was thinking this will probably only get worse with time, and it could (possibly?) damage my ds games. i know that nintendo charges the extravagant price of around 75 dollars (warranty is up), so does anyone know a way i could fix this? ive tried bending the pins back into shape with a paperclip, but they dont want to bend back. if i was able to open up the ds lite, is there a way to access these pins to bend them back better? (i noticed that the pins are in a sort of metal cage). Or is there a way to replace the whole thing? if all that fails does anyone know a reliable place i could send my ds lite for repairs? (thats cheap) note: i cant solder.

2. Kittymat

Member Kittymat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I have replaced the whole thing - they cost about $15.

Take apart the ds and remove from the 4 large solder pads (holding points) remove the top metal covering and break away all the plastic (just leaves the pins soldered to the board). Heat the solder and fick off all the pins.

Use desolder wick and clean the pads, put a little solder on to the pins of the new connecter and remove it with a solder sucker (or desolder wick). Put the new socket on the doard (it has locating pins so will be in the right place) Solder the 4 holding pads and then all the pins from one end to the other making sure you get no bridging.

3. damon66
    OP

Newcomer damon66 Member

United States
    thanks for the helpful reply....but i cant solder.