DS Lite shows orange light then turns off

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by WigWrm, Apr 17, 2007.

Apr 17, 2007
  1. WigWrm
    OP

Member WigWrm GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I just bought a DS Lite off of ebay and it did not come with a battery. I did have the ac charger however and I assumed that it could be played without the battery as long as I used the cable. Only a orange light shows for a brief moment and then it goes out. Screens never come on and no sound is produced. What can I do to fix this thing?

2. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    Get a battery.

3. HopOnRocks

Newcomer HopOnRocks Advanced Member

Canada
    No you cannot play the DS without some sort of battery. Once you get the battery, you can play then connected with the AC adapter for as long as you want.
    The orange light you are seeing is the "charging" light. It shows that the system is getting some power. Once that light goes off, the DS is done charging you can then unplug it and carry it around anywhere.
    The light should be green when the battery is full or some power left. And the light will go red once it is almost drain completely.

4. WigWrm
    OP

United States
    Thank you... all hope is not lost then...the only battery i could purchase was for the old ds and i had to return it for obvious reasons. seems like my only option is ebay or nintendo. Do you guys know of any retail stores that carry them?

And also a strange question but how many letters and numbers does a ds lite serial contain? Mine was not present and was instead replaced with a silver "void if removed" one with a 9 digit number.

Once again thx for the help.

5. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    2 letters 8 numbers

6. michaelf

Newcomer michaelf Advanced Member

United States
    You can find batteries pretty cheap (new) off amazon.com. I even saw some while wandering around Best Buy the other day. In the long run, I'm sure you'll want a battery, anyway.

7. WigWrm
    OP

United States
    Just bought one off of ebay. 1600 mAh ds lite battery. It's from hong kong and not official but hoping it works nicely.