Hacking DS Lite Power Switch Replacement

nomoretacos4u

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhh, yea i had opened up my DS Lite to try and fix some of the buttons that were not working well, and i accidentally snapped the little black part off of the power switch. I can still turn on the DS Lite, but I need something small to force it up and down, but its going to be a hassle to do that. I found out that there are replacements online, but i have no real knowledge in how to do it. Like how to remove the switch that's on there now, and how to solder the new switch on. Is there any guide on how to do this? or any help would nice nice. Not in any real hurry but it would be cool if i could get it fixed and working with a new switch.

On the side note, i was thinking of buying a new DS anyways, maybe a DSi I'm not entirely sure.

edit: wrong section? if it is if someone could move it if possible

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can buy a new switch for less than $2, it has 6 solder points on the original, the new switch will just have 4. They are small and ideally no more than a 15w soldering iron with a small point. But quite easy to do, I usually glue the switch to the board as the new switch does not have the 2 fixing points.

nomoretacos4u

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unfortunately, my problem is i have no experience soldering/desoldering so id need a guide to do so, don't know if it would differ from other electronics, but i would need a guide of some sort to help me. I don't want to go into this and damage it if possible. Even if i buy a new DS id like to have this one still in working condition.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not trying to advertise anything, but I could solder the new puppy on for you if you bought one from DX. It's not that hard.
smile.gif

nomoretacos4u

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm, i seem to have a new problem now, i can't power it on anymore, maybe because the switch itself is broken. I can still charge the DS just can't turn it on. Do you guys think something is messed up now? or would replacing that switch fix it.

p.s. to Brian117 i'll think about it if a new switch can fix the problem, ill ask you for some more information if it comes down to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end