DS Lite Power Switch Broken

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by JPH, Sep 2, 2007.

Sep 2, 2007

DS Lite Power Switch Broken by JPH at 6:41 AM (1,077 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. JPH
    OP

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    Topic.

I was taking off the back to my NDSL and I was putting it back on just to make sure it still worked before I might screw it up even more, and I turned the switch on and it didn't stay in it's place - it kept sliding up and down.

The plastic somehow came lose and doesn't strike on the power - what should I do? What can I do? [​IMG]

My cousin should be home soon...maybe he can help me...

2. Friction Baby

Member Friction Baby GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    If you are not careful when putting it back together (meaning you have to angle the bottom part just right and have the sound switch and the power switch in alignment when you put it back together) You will break the power switch. I speak from experience here I feel your pain [​IMG]

You can buy replacement power switches if you are really good at soldering, or you can rig it with a paper clip, or sell it on ebay as broken [​IMG]

3. flai

Member flai Androgynous Apparently :)

United Kingdom
    I have done this when taking DS Lites apart too, I have to use a screwdriver to switch on my second one.

4. JPH
    OP

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    Could Nintendo do anything for me?

5. Wii_DS.

Banned Wii_DS. ウォリアー

United Kingdom
    I dont think so, if i'm right nintendo will frown at you for opening you DS. They may think your up to something...

6. HyoImowano

Member HyoImowano GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Just call Nintendo and tell them "it just snapped off" when you were turning it on, if the person you get on the phone says to just send it in, you should be fine, but make sure you uninstall any custom firmware before you do!

(Note: Yes, opening your DS or replacing the firmware WILL void your warranty, but Nintendo never has to know [​IMG] )