Gaming DS Lite on Ebay...

xxteargodxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be careful, he has no feedback..And he's selling them in bulk. Though he could just be new to ebay who knows. If it were me I'd be a bit concerned cause of how the blue portion of it looks though it looks like it may just have some sort of plastic wrapping on it.

Ask him to show you a picture of the rest of the console (screens with it powered both on and off if possible and the hinge area to be sure it isn't broken in any way.

I was looking all night on ebay last night, got a used one for $69 bucks everything that was $30-$45 was damaged that I seen.

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmm... interesting... a hong kong seller which is obviously selling "refurbed", case modded units. the question is if everything is in good, working order.

edit:
ebay is offering buyer protection on it, so I bit the bullet. I'll let you know when I receive it if everything on it checks out and works as it should

Slyakin

See ya suckers
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thieves like us said:
hmm... interesting... a hong kong seller which is obviously selling "refurbed", case modded units. the question is if everything is in good, working order.

edit:
ebay is offering buyer protection on it, so I bit the bullet. I'll let you know when I receive it if everything on it checks out and works as it should
Yeah, I'll get one too.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
I seriously hope this is in that tiny % of things that are actually legit but yeah... seems WAY too good to be true

keep us all posted on progress!

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chacking my status today, I noticed that the seller is "no longer a registered user" on ebay
frown.gif

also, the shipping status finally changed on my purchased to "shipped", however the seller listed the item has having shipped on augst 17th (which until yesterday or the day before still did not have a status of shipped). I will give it another week, but chances are that I will be filing a claim with paypal (along with anyone else here who took the plunge).

I don't understand why ebay feels the need to remove *all* information regarding to the auctions when a seller becomes unregistered. it makes it very difficult for a buyer to see if any other buyers actually received their merchandise or if it was all a scam to begin with.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thieves like us said:
chacking my status today, I noticed that the seller is "no longer a registered user" on ebay
frown.gif

also, the shipping status finally changed on my purchased to "shipped", however the seller listed the item has having shipped on augst 17th (which until yesterday or the day before still did not have a status of shipped). I will give it another week, but chances are that I will be filing a claim with paypal (along with anyone else here who took the plunge).

I don't understand why ebay feels the need to remove *all* information regarding to the auctions when a seller becomes unregistered. it makes it very difficult for a buyer to see if any other buyers actually received their merchandise or if it was all a scam to begin with.

So it is likely a scam? Dang, sorry to hear this.

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not too concerned. the auction item stated that it offered buyer protection, which is the only reason that I took the plunge in the first place (and in the event of a scam, ebay and/or paypal are supposed to cover the cost of the item).

I've sent an email to the seller (not that I expect to receive any sort of reply, but in doing so, I'll have more evidence when I go to file the claim, as well as prove that I did everything that I could prior to filing for reimbursement.

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I actually received a response stating the following:
QUOTE said:
Hello. What you buy the product has ?2010.8.24 products have been sent Our products sell cheap. So no tracking number? Normally you will receive your items after 20-30 days. Be aware of that the international shipping time and customs’ inspection are hardly to control, some times delivery may delay a little longer. If u do not receive your package 45 days after shipping , pls do not open any case, just kindly contact with us, we will resend u a new one or refund u total payment.
I will delete the account of EBAY reason is that I'm a new vendors, without any positive feedback. On the same day to sell products, so my EBAY products, upload data deleted authentication, please rest assured. You buy the product will be normal mail
he/she must think that people are complete idiots if they are going to wait over 45 days (which falls outside of the period which you can open a case in ebay/paypal). I replied back that if the item does not arrive within the next 3 weeks (which would be one month's shipping time) that a case would be opened for non-receipt of product.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thieves like us said:
I actually received a response stating the following:
QUOTE said:
Hello. What you buy the product has ?2010.8.24 products have been sent Our products sell cheap. So no tracking number? Normally you will receive your items after 20-30 days. Be aware of that the international shipping time and customs’ inspection are hardly to control, some times delivery may delay a little longer. If u do not receive your package 45 days after shipping , pls do not open any case, just kindly contact with us, we will resend u a new one or refund u total payment.
I will delete the account of EBAY reason is that I'm a new vendors, without any positive feedback. On the same day to sell products, so my EBAY products, upload data deleted authentication, please rest assured. You buy the product will be normal mail
he/she must think that people are complete idiots if they are going to wait over 45 days (which falls outside of the period which you can open a case in ebay/paypal). I replied back that if the item does not arrive within the next 3 weeks (which would be one month's shipping time) that a case would be opened for non-receipt of product.

This person is not making any sense. Surely he/she don't think people will fall for that right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it