OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got one, havn't installed it yet.
Did you have any problems?
Does the shield cover up the speakers and does this affect sound quality?
How easy is it to install? Any tips?
Thanks

JDMEVOIXMR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's easy but i suggest bestskinsever, it's cheaper for the same product. If you have a white DS lite, it will turn yellow. Other than that, installation is easy, just make sure you keep your fingers wet.

JDMEVOIXMR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doubt it, but what's the point of it on a Crimson/Black? I don't see a point of putting it on the bottom part as it won't get fingerprints, maybe on the top though...

Also, idk if it will stick to the black part because it's not smooth. And if you ever try to peel it off, it might peel off some of the black with it.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
The entire point of the invisible sheild is to prevent scratches, so why wouldn't you put it on both sides?

It also shouldn't change the colour of your DS. From personal experience, It turns matte into shiny.
Also, you can stick your DS to glass surfaces (non permanently!), like windows and mirrors once it's applied.

*I do not take responsibility if you drop your DS trying to stick it to a window*

Nalin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you go to the product page, you can see a picture of how the full body shield covers the DS Lite. I have one and it covers almost all of the device. Certain sections of corners and stuff like the speakers and controls aren't protected; for the speakers, there is a hole in the material so it won't cover it up. The touch screen is perfectly usable and won't scratch.

When you apply it, make sure you completely clean the device (I used rubbing alcohol) and make sure you are in a dust-free environment. If you apply it and notice some dust particles, you are SOL unless you IMMEDIATELY pull it back up. Once you leave it on for a minute, it will have begun to dry and pulling it up will stretch the plastic causing it to not look as good. I had that problem the first time I put a shield on my NDS. As long as you keep it wet, you are okay.

If you have any more questions, just ask.

------

For other people interested in a shield:

The covers are fully transparent (at least my InvisibleShield one is.) They don't change the color of your DS. They make it scratch proof and also makes it stick to surfaces better. It does NOT make it impact proof. If you drop it, the shield will prevent it from getting scratched, but it won't stop it from smashing into pieces.

ZAGG (InvisibleShield) offers a no questions asked (just say you need to send it in for repair) lifetime warranty and they provide an application solution for you. bestskinsever doesn't offer a warranty and you have to make the solution yourself. bestskinsever costs $11 (plus $2 shipping to the US) for their shield. ZAGG charges $25 (free shipping.)

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
it doesn't change the color of your DS, but the shield/skin itself changes color. it is really obvious on a white DS lite.

the skin turns yellow/brown-ish color after about 3 months or so of handling. you can start noticing hints of it on a white DS after about 2-3 months. the areas your hand touches the most will turn color the quickest.

i applied the shield/skin to my gf's crimson/black DS on both sides and they stick okay. i also did not notice the color change, probably because it's just not noticable on the crimson DS. she also doesn't play her DS as much as i do though... and probably not as oily as me. =\

antshah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still havn't installed it, does anyone have a step by step guide specifically for the ds lite? or a video for the ds lite would help too
thanks

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
antshah said:
I still havn't installed it, does anyone have a step by step guide specifically for the ds lite? or a video for the ds lite would help too
thanks
Actually, there isn't any guides written especially for invisible shield, but there is a guide on how to apply screen protector, and I'm guessing it'll help you, because the process is the same, just more parts to stick!

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=73503

antshah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just installed it, and on zagg's website it says "any imperfections and small bubbles should work their way out in a few days"
I look round the ds for any small imperefections or bubbles, and there are millions of them! from the wording on the website it made it sound like there might be one or 2, is this okay and will it work out fine?

matriculated

Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
Canada
antshah said:
just installed it, and on zagg's website it says "any imperfections and small bubbles should work their way out in a few days"
I look round the ds for any small imperefections or bubbles, and there are millions of them! from the wording on the website it made it sound like there might be one or 2, is this okay and will it work out fine?

There shouldn't be much bubbles if you used the solution they provided.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: damn wifi