PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
That's normal heaps of people have that problem. Even my DS Lite has a cracked hinge. If it bothers you Nintendo will replace it free of charge, just ring them up.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Sure my DS lite is gonna go that way. Not had it long but it really feels like when you open it you're putting a lot of pressure on the hinge. my mate's black DS lite opens in a much softer way and doesn't feel like anything's being forced.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
We both bought them about the same time, within the last month. Mine sort of gives a bit of resistance and then *click* goes into the angled position. His is much softer and just goes *dunk* into the position.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ive treated my DS lite with absolute love and care but mine has hairline cracks on the right hinge. I think some DS lites are doomed to it and there isnt much you can do about it. Having said that, ive had my crack now for probably 4 or 5 months and although its noticeable, it doesnt appear to be getting any worse

mflo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm so glad that I don't have a DS Lite yet and that they're out of stock. Because that means I can get one of the new batches
biggrin.gif
Hopefully they have less defects.

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
White launch DSL for me, but I have screen flicker instead of cracked hinges. My screen just randomly goes white while playing... gotta find my Gamestop warrenty. At any rate, I think that all of the white DSl batches have this problem.

Mars

Radioactive Propaganda Minister
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a white launch DSL as well, but I have a cracked hinge and stuck pixel. The stuck pixel doesn't really bother me.
However, I can't stand the cracked hinge. I'll be sending mine in soon. Is it true that only white DSLs have this problem?

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Hmmm, strange. Looks like 80% of cracked hinges are reported from USA. I know a lot of people in my country with DS Lites, they're units are fine.
Even the stores selling them (a german cosmetics store "Mueller"
rofl2.gif
and our country's very own "Big Bang") never had a customer complain about that. Weird.
unsure.gif

romeoondaline

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thats fuqing bulllshit the same thing happened to mine it just broke off and my screen woult turn red while i was playing, i think nintendo didnt spend time on the plastic... i am soo pissed, but i can fix it i just need a Nintendo screw and a shell replacment kit for DS LITE does any1 know where i can get that ?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hmmm, strange. Looks like 80% of cracked hinges are reported from USA. I know a lot of people in my country with DS Lites, they're units are fine. Only white DS Lites have the hinge problem.

QUOTE(MaHe @ Jan 27 2007, 09:05 PM)Even the stores selling them (a german cosmetics store "Mueller"
rofl2.gif
and our country's very own "Big Bang") never had a customer complain about that. Weird.
unsure.gif
White Lites are more common in America, and less common in Europe, because America only had White Lites for quite some time. And since the white ones are the ones to crack...

Off topic, how much does a DS cost in Slovenija? (And how did the introduction of Euro affect the price?)

Infoclast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats fuqing bulllshit the same thing happened to mine it just broke off and my screen woult turn red while i was playing, i think nintendo didnt spend time on the plastic... i am soo pissed, but i can fix it i just need a Nintendo screw and a shell replacment kit for DS LITE does any1 know where i can get that ?

All Nintendo hardware comes with warranties.

FUQQQQQQQQQQQQ!

Are all of you 12 years old?

Verocity

Ö!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I do notice that some DS's "click" differently when popping open the screen, some are smoother clicks and some are harder clicks. My brother has a black DS just like I do USA version and his clicks a different way then mine. Its just all in what you get. Either complain about the slight flaw of the hinge or go get your self a Phat. We all know a bout the hinge cracks. Report it to Nintendo, thats all we can do. Or just take it back to Best Buy, just buy a replacment warranty for about 10 bucks more.

Akoji

+5 internets to psyfira for avatar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well Opium don't want to be mean , but the ''call them when you have one'' thing is bullshit. I did and they don't even want to repair it for free , im still under warrenty and LED part of the DS fell off and they say it my fault.

Seems like the call ninty for replacement thing was Fanboy bullshit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning