ds lite games

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by -=oopeteroo=-, May 4, 2007.

1. -=oopeteroo=-

-=oopeteroo=- GBAtemp Regular

Jan 28, 2007
    hi !
    i will get my ds lite white, a flashed one, m3 adapter and micr 2 gb on monday [​IMG] any games i should get ?[​IMG]
  2. Shinji

Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    City of Delusion
    Take a gander at this list from the [essentials] list. It mostly depends on your taste in games...

3. Leah

Leah Advanced Member

May 4, 2007
    England, UK
    I have had a DS (original) for about a year now, and I am absolutely addicted. It really depends totally on what genres you enjoy playing, but I really think that a MUST for anyone who buys a DS, is Animal Crossing. Even if it doesnt sound like it tickles your fancy, I reckon its worth a try. The game I am playing at the minute is Pokemon Pearl which I think is also worth a shot. I will list a few others below (bearing in mind they are a few of my personal faves, and my preffered genres are RPG, Adventure,Strategy etc etc)

Cooking Mama - (gets you using your touch screen to a good standard) WARNING! Dont play if hungry! LoL
    Cake Mania - Also don't play if hungry!
    Sprung - To scrub up on your dating skills hehe.
    Super Princess Peach
    Diddy Kong Racing
    Micro Machines - Classic!
    Wario Ware Touched - Watch out for character Ashleys theme tune, it's brill!
    Trauma Centre
    Pheonix Wright Ace Attorney
    Pheonix Wright Justice for All
    Trace Memory (Another Code)
    Hotel Dusk - Although these last 2 tend to get bad reviews. (Hotel Dusk is the follow on from Trace Memory)

Those are the games I am currently playing frequently, but at the end of the day it is all down to personal choice. Unfortunatley I have only just registered today and I am planning to write some reviews of my faves, but I am sure you will find some good reviews, which I do recommend that you read before buying any game. Anyway, I do hope you find this useful, and happy gaming!

4. ambitous21

ambitous21 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 3, 2006
    United States
    these are games that NEVER left my R4DS once i put it on..

Osu Tatakae Ouendan! - never left my R4 since day 1. first game I loaded on and played too.
    Mario Kart - just never know when i will have a thirst for speed
    Band of Brothers - whenever you need that music 'fix' , great game
    Pokemon Diamond -will spend a long time trying to catch everything
    Panel de Pon - new game lol but it will stay in my DS so whenever I need that puzzle game fix
    Club House Games - 42 classic games. havent touched it much but its still gonna be in there.
    Mario Hoops 3 on 3- i'm a bball lover, and i can just pick up and play anytime.
    SNESmule - only with Street Fighter 2 Turbo loaded on. this game is just as great as ever, spent hours on it.

well those are the games that I can play even after i'm done with it, and never get bored..

here are games that are 1 time through but worth it:

Final Fantasy 3
    Hotel Dusk Room 215
    Phoenix Wright

and here are games I played for a while but finally lost interest:

Animal Crossing - was ADDICTED for a month.. i even woke up early for it just to check Nook's items.. but finally was bored
    Nintendogs - finally got bored of the doggy
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - had me hooked for a while, but lost interest after i stopped
    Jump Ultimate Superstars - the lagged made me kinda ehh.. and i only used 1 character so it was boring after a while
  5. jimmy j

jimmy j Awesome for hire.

Apr 22, 2007
    the congo
    mario kart, new super mario bros and advance wars should be at the core of any ds collection (IMHO)
  6. dice

dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

Former Staff
    Oct 26, 2002
    just to say if you havent already posted in the topic mentioned above, please do so [​IMG]
  7. HBK

HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Mar 30, 2007
    Pokemon Pearl and Diamond are very underrated in that list. I'm sure it hasn't been updated for a long time.

Advance Wars - Instant classic. This is the third game in the series, but it will appeal to all. Master of strategy games on the DS. Highly recommended.
    Mario Kart - The best racing game for DS. Period.
    Clubhouse Games - Master those games your relatives play! And with possibility to play online, it's great! Tons of replay value.
    Pokemon Diamond- Best Pokemon game ever made. It has online features which you will spend tons of hours on it, trying to catch 'em all!
    Mario Hoops - Nice basketball game, but with Nintendo unique seal.
    Lunar Knights - If you loved Boktai on the GBA, this is for you! I just loved it. Wonderful sound.

And acceptable games -

Animal Crossing - It's nice, but I got bored with it quite soon. Just a portable version of the Gamecube with some added features.
    Final Fantasy 3 - This is one of the most boring games ever for the DS. It's too old-school for my taste. Storyline sucks. Graphics are ok. Battles get boring.
    Nintendogs - It's nice at first, but then gets boring.
  8. -=oopeteroo=-

-=oopeteroo=- GBAtemp Regular

Jan 28, 2007
    hmm.....how many games will a 2 gb scandisk micro sd hold? .....btw can i play nds roms ?[​IMG]