DS Lite + G6 Lite battery life?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by remnic, Aug 17, 2006.

Aug 17, 2006

DS Lite + G6 Lite battery life? by remnic at 4:07 PM (1,320 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. remnic
    OP

Newcomer remnic Member

United States
    I have noticed that the battery of my DS lite discharges much faster (in 3-4 hours) since I have the G6 in it. Is this normal? Could this affect the battery life? I am curious to know how long it lasts for other people. I am playing on the third level of luminosity (to not the brightest, the one before that). I have mainly played DS games, but also watched 30 mins of movie.

2. cindyk

Newcomer cindyk Newbie

Czech Republic
    I use the 2nd brightness setting and I get 8-9hrs till the LED turns red, 11-12hrs till it's dead(played Mario 64 DS and Brain Training). I only use Passcard 3 to boot up the G6 then I remove it since it drains the battery.

3. ledats

Member ledats Advanced Member

Norway
    Do you use a passcard/superkey etc. or have you flashed your dsl with Flashme?

4. remnic
    OP

Newcomer remnic Member

United States
    I use passcard 3...I did not think of removing it after booting up, do you think it drains a significant amount from the battery? anyway, shouldn't it be plugged in at all times in order to recharge its own internal battery, or is it not based on a rechargable battery?

5. jchen

Member jchen GBAtemp Regular

United States
    shouldnt this be in the ds section.

6. pelago

Member pelago Member

United Kingdom
    The Passcard 3 does not have an internal battery to recharge and can be removed after booting up. I don't think the battery drain issues have been entirely worked out yet, as to whether it's the passcard or the flash card or both that is draining it.

7. saulin

Member saulin GBAtemp Regular

Newbie question. Where is the brightness adjust button? Unless I'm blind. All I see is volume and power. I haven't read the manual yet. That must be my problem lol. I love the default brightness. Is freaking bright and it works fine anywhere. Where there is light or where is dark but to save power I might want to adjust it to 2 and also Take my passcard 3 card after it boots up the games. I also noticed that I get a red light after 3 hours or so of play.

And yes this should be in the DS section.

8. evilreddot

Member evilreddot GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    It's like, right there in the start up menu.

9. beedog19

Member beedog19 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I use the second brightness setting as well get about 8 hours before the led turns red, I usually save, power down and save asap when it turns red as I don't wanna lose saves. I leave the passcard in at all times unless I wanna play a gba game (I prefer using the bottom screen) and I pop it out power up and pop it back in. As forgetful as I am I'm afraid I'd lose it if I ever left it out for an extended period of time while gaming.

10. Deaddy

Member Deaddy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I think the battery life also depends on what game you're playing, for example I think mine doesn't last as long when playing Tony Hawk. I read that this game streams audio from the card so that makes sense.

11. hey_suburbia

Member hey_suburbia Do The Lizard Bop

United States
    I haven't noticed any difference in battery life since I got the G6 Lite about two weeks ago.

On my DS Lite I've charged and drained the battery twice and both times were about the normal amount of time with a regular cartridge.

I've been playing Mario Hoops, Star Fox, Advance Wars 2, and reading a book that is a .gba file.

12. Hellfenix

Member Hellfenix GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    The best proof for me that passcard3 takes battery life is this.
    Right after I got my Dslite I played Mario Kart with some friends. Me and my friends had just bought the DS lite at the same time. I had G6 lite and passcard3 in it, my friend didn't. My led became red, at this moment I thought that it was just because they weren't charged to the same level, what I do when my led turns red is I turn off the volume so it turns green again.

Doing this I was able to make it turn green for 10-15 more minutes. However it turned red again, since I had read about the Passcard3 taking power I removed it (I was playing with download play btw). The led went back to green instantly. I tried taking it off/on/off/on and the led would go green/red/green/red.

I really don't understand this. I was in download play, why would my DS read off the cart?