f_zero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi everybody,

I have DS Lite and R4 (version without spring).
I have experienced a few times situation when DS freezes - both screens are black.

Every time it happened, it was always during some kind of loading - e.g. I finished level, then should be a fast black screen and next screen with stats. But in that cases black screen didnt disapear and only thing that I can do is to power off console.
I have 1.18 kernel.

Anybody experienced something like that?

pokemongalaxy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
yes I have an m3simply ds (r4 clone). It used to do that when I pressed start alot or like you say finished levels. I noticed that all roms that had this happening were trimmed. Then I found the r4 trimmer causes ccrashes to games and such. So I used Rominator and have had no such freezing happen to me ever since. Oh and maybe its your microsd card, what brand is it?

f_zero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
My SD is Kingston 1gb.

In case of roms, I use "scene releases", and put them on SD directly. I hope they are not trimmed.

pokemongalaxy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
if that means 32MB and 16MB then theyre untrimmed. Only thing I want to reccomend you do is download from the sites I do, since I have no prob with them. google "dashroms", and use a rom from there. try the rom for 15minutes. Tell me if it froze or not...k?

f_zero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I use the same site for roms:)
Even if not, 15 minutes wouldn't be enough to check - I bought ds and R4 3 weeks ago, and I have few freezes ~4-5 which happened randomly.
Maybe I'll try reloading firmware.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trimming does affect gameplay altho not with all games!

it does cause a lot of headaches too with download play even with wonder trimmers like NDS TOKYO trimmer I still get download play issues with stuff like mario kart and custom robo arena which used untrimmed work just fine download play!
smile.gif

f_zero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I saw a topic with official R4 info about fakes. Opened mine, take a look and images and comapred.
And I have to say that mine is some kind o fake
frown.gif
frown.gif

But its strange, its completely different from those images.
Maybe you can tell what kind of fake is that? Maybe some other firmware will work fine on this card?

This is my R4:

neoice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I'm pretty sure yours is fake.
It doesn't look like any of the springless R4s that I've had before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)