DS lite flickering screen after repair

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by panther_512, Aug 18, 2007.

Aug 18, 2007
  1. panther_512

Newcomer panther_512 Advanced Member

Jun 17, 2006
    So, I had my DS lite repaired because the On-OFF switch broke.

To my surprise, instead of replacing the switch, the repair team (official Nintendo service) replaced the whole motherboard and I had to pay $50.

Also, I have to notice that it took them one and a half month to repair my DS Lite. Now that's what I call costumer support.

Well, the problem is that my repaired DS Lite has lower refresh rate than before, or so it seems to me.

Both screens look like a 50Hz CRT TV, meaning that the screens give a rapid "shaking" or "flickering" feeling to your eyes. Also, if you shake a little the DS, you can see horizontal lines across the screens, because of the low refresh rate.

That was something that my GBA SP does, because of low refresh rate, but the first thing I noticed with my new (back then) DS Lite was that it didn't have this problem.

I took it back to Nintendo, only to tell me that this is normal and that my DS is just fine.

But no matter how "just fine" the screens are, it is very stressful to your eyes if you play more than half an hour.

I just wanted to ask if anyone else had a same problem with his DS.
  2. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

Jul 11, 2006
    United States
    Dude, send that shit back to Nintendo.
  3. Wuschmaster

Member Wuschmaster GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 15, 2006
    United States
    One of my GBA SPs has this. My DS is fine.