ds lite faulty

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by whydidntyouthink, Jun 16, 2008.

Jun 16, 2008

ds lite faulty by whydidntyouthink at 8:12 AM (948 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. whydidntyouthink
    OP

Newcomer whydidntyouthink Newbie

United States
    ok my ds lite is about 1 week old and on the top if i touch the screen medium it makes a crackling sound and also if i hold it at a certain angle i can see light underneath the top and the outer casting is also touch responsive but you got to touch it normal. also the top screen has four very small dead pixels that are noticeable on a black background am i being to paranoid or should i send it back in six months becuase it is under warranty also my parents wont take me to exchange it or let me send it to Nintendo becuase its new thats why it has to be around six months old.

2. Spaceman016

Newcomer Spaceman016 Advanced Member

United States
    If it does have DEAD pixels i would definately take it back and get it exchanged.
    In the process make sure your new one doesnt have this problem and test the bleeding on the sides.

And that crackling sound is a bit dodgy get a new one.

My DS touch screen (bottem) has little light showing through the sides on an angle and doesnt bother me, if it bothers you get it replaced YES.

Summing up, Yeah get it replaced and make your parents take you to exchange your faulty product.
    Ask them if they bought a leather lounge chair and it had a tear in it would they take it back? Just to
    put it in their terms.

Dont forget your receipt

3. paul3100

Member paul3100 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I have 2 ds lite's and they both do that if you press hard enough so i wouldn't say that's a fault , besides there is no need to touch the top screen at all apart from cleaning with a soft cloth!

To check for the dead pixels try this: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=636

And as for light bleading thats also normal, as long as there isn't any gaps in the plastic and everything looks to be held together then i would say its fine exept for the pixel problem of course but try the program above first.

Let us know how you get on plz [​IMG]

paul

4. genuisgeek

Member genuisgeek GBAtemp Regular

United States
    use the program caled DiagnoSe it checks ur DS's hardware stuff

and has a built in pixel fixers
    never tried it cuz i dont have problem with pizels

the plastic is prob just allitle above the screen leting u see the light but its no big deal