ds lite eternal source

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Taziz, May 22, 2008.

May 22, 2008

ds lite eternal source by Taziz at 4:06 AM (983 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Taziz
    OP

Member Taziz GBAtemp Regular

Lithuania
    dose the ds lite uses eternal power source when finished charging, for example my psp is using external source for its power source, so the life pan of the batteries is longer.
    Know for the ds dose it use the external source when charging and when finished charging ? or dose it use the battery, the sadly life pan i shorter
    [​IMG] sorry if its to mixed up [​IMG]
    hope you get the point

2. krazykirk

Member krazykirk GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Umm... if you're asking that when the battery is full, does the DS draw power from the mains or "eternal power source" [​IMG] instead of the battery, then yes.

3. Pyrofyr

Member Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I believe his question is:
    After you're DS is fully charged, if you plug it in (To charge) will it continue to use the BATTERIES power, or the eXternal battery source.

To tell the truth, I have no idea, I believe it uses the battery but it keeps being charged, but I couldn't say, since if you play with it plugged in, you indeed get the Orange "Charging" light, meaning that it should be from the external source.

4. krazykirk

Australia
    But when the ds is fully charged, the light turns off. And it stays off until you unplug it. Suggesting that it is drawing power from the external power source.

5. Pyrofyr

Member Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Internal you mean? This is indeed true. The problem here is that it doesn't detect if the battery is actually charged or not, so that's what happens.

Plug it back in, and it should be fine though [​IMG] Very possible that it's internal, that can go ahead and be charged while being played.

6. krazykirk

Australia
    What?? I mean external, as in external power source, as in the wall charger adaptor. It does detect if the battery is charged or not. If you plug the charger into a fully charged DS, the charging light will turn off after 2 seconds. While it is charging, when it's fully charged, it stops charging and draws power from the wall socket just to the power the DS, not from the battery, as you play your DS.

7. 2dere

Member 2dere GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    I've always wondered about this too. What krazykirk says makes alot of sense. And I'd like it to be true. But it'd be nice to know for 'sure' like an official statement somewhere or a test that actually proves it. I'm not saying do it for me. But thats what it'll take for me to stop wondering.