DS lite can't boot

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by d3bugu, Mar 10, 2008.

Mar 10, 2008

DS lite can't boot by d3bugu at 5:05 AM (895 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. d3bugu
    OP

Newcomer d3bugu Member

Singapore
    Hi I got a problem with my DS lite, it was working fine a moment ago, but now when I on my DS lite, notting appeared on the screen, just blank screen with power light on. I tried take out the battery and put it back in but still nothing. Is my DS lite bricked?

2. techforumz

Member techforumz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I need more, what, exactly did you do to it? Were you running flashme or moonshell or playing a commercial game, what?

3. d3bugu
    OP

Newcomer d3bugu Member

Singapore
    Im running on EZ-Flash V card with 2GB MicroSD on 1.70kernal loader. I was running fine with comercial games so far, till today I off it, then try to on again later and My screen shows nothing.

4. d3bugu
    OP

Newcomer d3bugu Member

Singapore
    update on my DS. now it manage to boot and able to start my games, but sometimes the problem just happen again. my friend say could be my curcuit board problem?

5. d3bugu
    OP

Newcomer d3bugu Member

Singapore
    any idea?

6. PBC

Member PBC What!? I can change this??

United States
    Clean the slot 1 contacts??? Make sure the DS is checkin slot 1 first then slot 2 for games? (think you do that in the main menu). Check your EZV contacts for junk and dirt? No sure whatelse you can do.
    If this only happens occasionally I wouldn't worry about it or get a new circuit board.

Ps. Have you tried another game? originals?

7. techforumz

Member techforumz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Take out your EZV expansion, and your EZV, and try to run a physical game, see if that works. If it does, then your DS is certainly NOT damaged in any way. If your EZV boots up, then it's working as well. I suspect some sort of contact issue with the EZV. It probably finds the EZV and then loses the EZV and freezes. Like taking out a DS game on standby.

8. d3bugu
    OP

Newcomer d3bugu Member

Singapore
    I even tried remove the EZflash and just try on the DS, but still can't boot, but somehow I able to boot for no reason.

9. DarkAura

Member DarkAura Offline

Canada
    Put another flash cart or a real game in. If it works, it can be something with the EZF. I dunno, just try it.

10. MystikEkoez

Member MystikEkoez GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Trust me, for this kind of issue, you want to send it back to Nintendo. They'll send you a refurbished unit, but it's more than likely better than what you have now.

11. DarkAura

Member DarkAura Offline

Canada
    Send it in, like Mystik said. Bound to be a DS problem that you can't fix. Better to have to pay money for people to do it than brok it.