gr33dy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm purchasing a DS Lite from someone on Craigslist; it's advertised as new and still sealed. My question is: Is there some sort of tape that seals the box shut? Is the DS itself in some sort of plastic? I want to know what to look for to ensure that it hasn't been opened and really is new.

Thanks everyone.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Usually there is that round clear sticker/tape over the flap of the box, but it might be different for a DS Lite. The biggest thing to look for is any tears or bending on the cardboard.

Cheeez

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes there should be a round sticker over the flaps of the box to seal it, if that has been cut/removed it's probably not new.

gr33dy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Great, thanks for the info.

One more (dumb) question:

I'm buying it from a journalist who actually received it as a gift from the Nintendo PR Department. Because it was a gift and not purchased from a retailer, is it possible the system was not electronically registered? I know it sounds funny cause it's essentially from Nintendo, but I also know that the warranty does not apply to systems that are unregistered (e.g. stolen items). I plan to look up the serial on their warranty page, but was hoping to get some piece of mind before hand; maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Thanks.

Heinrisch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Great, thanks for the info.

One more (dumb) question:

I'm buying it from a journalist who actually received it as a gift from the Nintendo PR Department. Because it was a gift and not purchased from a retailer, is it possible the system was not electronically registered? I know it sounds funny cause it's essentially from Nintendo, but I also know that the warranty does not apply to systems that are unregistered (e.g. stolen items). I plan to look up the serial on their warranty page, but was hoping to get some piece of mind before hand; maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Thanks.

If not, you only need to call nintendo and they will activate the warrenty. Atleast they did activate my warrenty when I called about the frikkin
wacko.gif
cracked hinge.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup