DS Lite Battery Problem HELP

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by yus786, Apr 14, 2007.

Apr 14, 2007

DS Lite Battery Problem HELP by yus786 at 11:06 PM (655 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. yus786
    OP

Member yus786 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    the lite was working fine when i first got it about 4-5 months ago but after a month or two the battery kept on dying after about an hour and a half of non stop gameplay

i sent it to nintendo and two months later they sent me a brand new replacement.

but i still have the same problem

i think the problem is the supercard lite i have in it as it gets pretty hot after abit of use.

has anyone else had this problem? and what do you think it could be?

regards

yus786

2. Takrin

Member Takrin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    hear slot 2 uses more power then slot 1, not sure if its true or have tested it myself but i believe it. stuff heating up is a sign of wasted energy. i think if you constantly play it for 1.5 hour your battery can drain faster then if you played little at a time, also not sure but seems that way for some electronics.

*Edit*
    Nintendo sells battery replacement you can test and compare with your current battery perhaps Nintendo just swapped out battery and gave you old batteries, or you can buy knockoffs cheaper, a option if your needing more battery time, or a external battery pack.

3. yus786
    OP

United Kingdom
    yeh true mate, but it happens all the time after a full charge :S

regards

4. stormwolf18

Member stormwolf18 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    use lightning level 1 instead of level 4, dude!!, stop using that stupid rumble feature too

5. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    I think you're probably right about it being the Supercard. I've never used a supercard myself, but I'm pretty sure flashcarts aren't supposed to get hot.

The easiest way to find out would be to try it with a different flashcart, or a genuine DS game, and see how much battery life you get.

6. yus786
    OP

United Kingdom
    yeh i can do that mate, but it used to last much much longer before when i first got it.

what stupid rumble feature :S

regards

p.s. does anyone know where to get a genuine ds lite battery from the UK??