Remy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm going to be getting an imported black DS lite from Europe. I just realized that I'll be dealing with different power outlets...
Is the charger plug on the European DS different from the charger plug from the US models? Because I was hoping that I could go down to my local Gamestop to buy a used DS Lite charger...that is if a US charger will work on a European DS. (Would I have to worry about the different voltages?)

Help please!!!

::EDIT::

would this be a good solution?
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=...687558d6b7bc3f8

or this? (description says it's for NDS, doesn't mention lite. does the old DS and DS lite have the same charger hole?)
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=...oducts_id=8994&

akuma99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes the European DS Lite can use the same power adaptor as the US one. It's the same voltage just a different plug on the wall end. the Item you linked to at lik-sang will work or you can just goto an ebgames or gamestop and buy an ac adaptor for the ds lite. Lastly no the DS and the DS Lite have two different size charger holes.
Seems like every time Nintendo comes out with a new handheld system they feel it necessary to change the darn charger hole. I have a GBA SP, GBA Micro, DS, and a DS Lite and they are all different. I wish Nintendo would just make up their minds I hate all these power cables I have to have. Well enough of my rant, just wanted to get that off my chest
laugh.gif

akuma99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
huh? thats strange my sp and ds has the same plug thought the other part is true the lite's plug is diffrent

Yea I was wrong I just looked at them again. They are the same I got it mixed up with the other plug on the back of the SP
wacko.gif
. I think it is the one for the link cable, the DS doesn't have one of those.

Also if you want somewhere to import from try http://nintendo-ds.allack.co.uk/Extras/index.php a friend of mine got his there and it was shipped very fast, he got it in like 3 days.

Remy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
akuma, you're awesome! thank you so much for the helpful answers.
Oh yeah...so that second item works for gba sp, ds, and ds lite?

Anyways, I've got a few friends in the area on vaction..that's my definition of "import" heh

Once again, thank you akuma!

Madrigal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't get why Nintendo didn't make it so the charger can be used anywhere in the first place, like the chargers for Nokia phones. I mean, it IS a portable console and people will bring it travelling.

akuma99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Remy, The second item that you mentioned will not work with the DS Lite just the SP, GBA and Original DS. If you want to use a USB charger you need to get the one from your first link. Oh, and you are very welcome I'm glad I could help
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more