DS Linker error - please help

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Syrus, Sep 9, 2007.

Sep 9, 2007

DS Linker error - please help by Syrus at 9:29 PM (1,436 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Syrus
    OP

Newcomer Syrus Newbie

Brazil
    After reading glowing reviews about the DS Linker, I finally decided to buy one. Unfortunately, after 5 minutes playing with my new toy I was already utterly disappointed. I can't most games to work with this little thing. 99% of the roms I put into the flashcart end up showing only a white screen when they're loaded. I tested like 100 games, but only 6 worked.

I updated the firmware (1.45), I changed the save types of each rom and it still didn't work. In fact, after my update, 3 of the 6 functional roms ceased to work. Now, only 3 games are working at the moment: 1. Diddy Kong Racing, 2. New Super Mario Bros and 3. Super Mario 64 DS.

Since a lot of people here can put their DS Linker to work, I resort to your superior wisdom. Please help me on this issue. I know this is a rather common issue with this flashcart, but I can't find a direct and objetive solution to this problem anywhere else.

2. quartercast

Member quartercast GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    You shouldn't have to change the savetypes on 1.45. Just update the firmware, format the cart (using the internal formatter) and copy xmenu.dat over. Also - are you sure you haven't got dud roms?

3. KFM

Newcomer KFM Member

United States
    Yeah, you really shouldn't be having problems playing games with the Auto-DLDI and now auto-save features of the DSLinker.

You shouldn't really need to format it, the auto-save type feature should kick in, so either change the save type to something you're certain that works, or change it to auto.

4. paul1991

Banned paul1991 Banned

United States
    The only reason a ROM has never run for me is because I had no save type selected and that has been fixed with the newer FWs.

Hold A+B+X+Y while booting and it sould inform you of any problems.

5. Syrus
    OP

Newcomer Syrus Newbie

Brazil
    No, the roms are not dud. Specially because some of them worked before the firmware update. As I said, I had 6 roms working and now I've got only around 2 functional roms. 4 of them simply ceased to be playable, giving me the "White Screen of Death" instead.

I formatted many times and the AUTO save option is not making the roms work either. No saving option (Flash 2/4, EEPROM et al) is working at all.

Should I try a Full Format (that one that takes 2 hours)?

6. KFM

Newcomer KFM Member

United States
    Did you do a full format before you put your newest firmware version on there?

If you've never done a full format, do one and then reinstall the firmware. If you did one before, you shouldn't need to do one again.

7. tester72

Newcomer tester72 Newbie

Singapore
    try gettin the clean rom.. i recently encounter issue after usin the new firmware. found dat it doesnt run trimmed rom.. which previus firmware i am able to run.

8. venom75x

Newcomer venom75x Newbie

United States
    help i have a problem too i formated my ds linker now all it says its

loading menu
    error:not format!