OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS Link 2.31 Software and kernel
Changes? No idea
dslink.gif

A kernel and PC software update for the DSLink slot-1 card. Changes are unknown at this time. Installation instructions and download below.

[title:Installation Instructions]Kernel update procedure

1.Copy_DSLINK_.NDS file to TF card root directory.

2.Enter the DSLink interface to run this NDS file then appears the Kernel update interface for update.User can also enter the Kernel update program by long pressing START key to start the NDS.

3.Press SELECT key in the update interface to begin the update. There will be progress notice when updating,when it appears the notice to turn off the power that means update successfully.

Note:If any error happened when updating, user can follow the instruction or restart to update by long pressing START key again. User can backup _DSLINK.NDS to any GBA backup card that can run NDS file to update DSLink.

download.gif
Download kernel
download.gif
Download PC software
icon11.gif
Source

Kamjin

Trophies
XP
Country
It adds.
SDHC support
Gamelist and Cheats update to about 1900
I saw a mention of the dldi patch also updated to support sdhc, but haven't tried it..

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So SDHC support can be added with just software modification.
It depends if the SD hardware support is permanently embedded in the asic or is upgradeable/software based. Some cards are fully updateable(DSLink), some cards have initialization of SD card done in hardware and partial FS driver in software only and thus can't be updated without new hardware(SCDS1), and some cards have the full driver permanently embedded (R4/M3S) and can't be updated.

IMHO SDHC standardization was poorly planned, they should have had a better forwards compatibility plan much earlier
frown.gif

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
Great to see the card is still being updated.
If this card just had a built-in NoPass, it could've easily took off.
DS-Xtreme is nothing in front of the DSLink, it's really sad that the DS-Xtreme, which is a crappy card worth nothing, shattered the DSLink's launch
frown.gif

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
I hate correcting people's terminology, but the DSLink can launch slot-2 carts, making it a PassMe.
Built in NoPass is still not correct in my opinion.

Has cart encryption might be closer.

linFox

Trophies
Website
www.linfoxdomain.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Translated English
1. Amended startup MicroSD (TF) 07-03-28 detection, can support all types of cards, including MicroSD (TF maximum 2 GB) and MicroSDHC (maximum 32 GB). At the same time DSLink.dldi patch also has been amended, and can support all types of normal cards.
2. Solve the Chinese language version of the text Pokémon Huaping problems.
3. Resolve the issue of 1860 can not run.
4. According to the forum users gameinfo.ini, games can not be amended filing, please Show gameinfo.ini document.
5. Increase document Goldfinger, Goldfinger support of the game has already reached the total number of 1917.
6. Games in the English name for the updated NDS: 1912.

Original Chinese:
1.?????MicroSD(TF)??????????????????MicroSD(TF??2GB)?MicroSDHC(??32GB)?
???DSLink.dldi???????????????????????
2.?????????????????????
3.??1860????????
4.?????????gameinfo.ini???????????????????gameinfo.ini???
5.???????? ????????????????1917? ?
6.??????????NDS:1912?

Seems SDHC was actually already added in v2.30 (in September)

Raisingod

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
So SDHC support can be added with just software modification.

It depends if the SD hardware support is permanently embedded in the asic or is upgradeable/software based. Some cards are fully updateable(DSLink), some cards have initialization of SD card done in hardware and partial FS driver in software only and thus can't be updated without new hardware(SCDS1), and some cards have the full driver permanently embedded (R4/M3S) and can't be updated.

IMHO SDHC standardization was poorly planned, they should have had a better forwards compatibility plan much earlier
frown.gif

It wasn't possible to enlarge the capacity of standard SD without changing the memory addressing(Sdhc uses sector addressing instead of the byte addressing) so they couldn't have possible reach the higher capacities .

Also remember the issues with 2GB SDs ? it was worse then the SDHC issue cause it sometimes ruined the ability to write to an older SDs.

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate correcting people's terminology, but the DSLink can launch slot-2 carts, making it a PassMe.

Not really, it needs your ds to be flashed with an old version of flashme. I don't need a dslink if I have my ds flashed to launch slot2 in ds mode, and I don't need any device to launch slot 2 in gba mode

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country

Not really, it needs your ds to be flashed with an old version of flashme. I don't need a dslink if I have my ds flashed to launch slot2 in ds mode, and I don't need any device to launch slot 2 in gba mode

Thanks for your input, but you have missed the point.

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Thanks for your input, but you have missed the point.
You have been acting like a dushbag this entire topic.. jackass

Nice to see the b.. cards still get their updates!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I just got 2 mig switch in the mail today