(DS) Kaiju Busters announced (Namco Bandai)

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This caught my eye. A new 3D co op monster fighting game by Namco Bandai. It looks decent from the short video and screens available. Have a look at the trailer-

- third person 3D action
- fight giant monsters
- team up in groups of three
- 500 weapons, 9 categories, 500 defensive items
- 7 planets, 40 beasts
- over 300

And the screens-

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Ever since Kingdom Hearts, I've been hoping more developers would make some decent 3D games for the DS. 2D is awesome, but I'd like to see the developers actually USE the system's full power more often sometimes. Note that I do NOT know what kind of multiplayer this will be. Whether it is local or wifi, single or multi card. We'll see I guess.

This game is set for sometime this year. TBA 2009. I'd keep and eye on it.

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=90470
http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/...723_304384.html

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This really should have been an Action RPG, seriously this would make good competition with PSZ if it was an ARPG. It's more like a DS version of Monster Hunter. The monster graphics are awesome though.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
Rock Raiyu said:
But does it have Wi-Fi?
That's the question isn't it? We don't know yet apparently. T'would be really cool if it did.
It probably will, this game reminds me of Monster Hunter. The one thing about Monster Hunter that it was truly lacking was online. If this game has online then it could end up being a success.

Gligli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think the graphics are rather ugly from what I see... although it's evident you can't judge from a 50 seconds preview, my first impression was really they are trying to make a rival to Monster Hunter at any cost.

And it's not surprising coming from Namco, who always want to take over on Capcom (see the massive fail of Yuzai/Muzai, which was planned to be a pseudo-rival to Gyakuten Saiban).

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yay! First PSP get's a Monster Hunter clone then the DS gets a Phantasy Star clone!
Looks nice though, hope it has more content in it than Phantasy Star 0.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
@ 0:23 and the second screen you posted you can clearly see the wi-fi connection signal thing, so you can probably play co-op online.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, the graphics aren't too bad, but I'd expect some lowered down polygons just for the large style fights anyway.
What'll bother me the most is if all the chars you can play as all look the same.
Its nice to play with friends who don't look like your clones.
Especially since it would be hard to tell them apart other wise.

Game looks ok, I'll give it a spin when its out.
Though I'll remain skeptical.
But hey, monster hunter for the DS :3
Not like capcom is gonna make one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."