Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
Hi I'm at this point where I followed all the steps and was able to update unlaunch to version 2.0. The issue now is that in the twilight menu installation guide I just did the part with setting up the SD card and did the whole unlaunch update using twilight menu with bootcode.dsi. I guess I need to install in order to delete the bootcode.dsi but I wasn't sure which installation mode I should have went with. When I did the whole process for the first time there was "no memory pit" option available. I did so through flipnote studio in which later on sacrificed the flipnote app. Should I follow the installation guide through flipnote like I've done the very first time or is it ok if I do the "memory pit" option?
Oh you didn't need to do either of Memory Pit/Flipnote Lenny because you already had Unlauch, that's what renaming to bootcode.dsi was for.

To set up TWiLight autoboot you should be able to just follow the Autobooting with Unlaunch section of the wiki guide.

Blu1711

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi fellow noob here downloaded all nessecery files and went to camera app to finally open the menu but when I selected sd album it said something about corruption and created a new file

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
Hi fellow noob here downloaded all nessecery files and went to camera app to finally open the menu but when I selected sd album it said something about corruption and created a new file
Maybe you downloaded the wrong pit.bin file? There's two versions, make sure you got the right one. (also make sure you're following dsi.cfw.guide)

actualkoifish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is somewhat tangential to the DS itself, but is directly related to it. I want to connect to Wiimmfi and play some DS games over WiFi, as well as get things like WiFi only game data. I have a windows XP computer and the official WiFi USB Connector + software. My question is, what security precautions on the Win XP side should I be taking so as to limit the surface of attack on my home network? I am only planning on using the internet on the computer for the purpose of DS WiFi, but it's a recent re-installation and I don't have any protective measures in place on the machine, besides a system backup image I can restore in case things go wrong.

tl;dr What security measures should I get on my Win XP machine for when I connect it to the internet to use for DS wifi?

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is somewhat tangential to the DS itself, but is directly related to it. I want to connect to Wiimmfi and play some DS games over WiFi, as well as get things like WiFi only game data. I have a windows XP computer and the official WiFi USB Connector + software. My question is, what security precautions on the Win XP side should I be taking so as to limit the surface of attack on my home network? I am only planning on using the internet on the computer for the purpose of DS WiFi, but it's a recent re-installation and I don't have any protective measures in place on the machine, besides a system backup image I can restore in case things go wrong.

tl;dr What security measures should I get on my Win XP machine for when I connect it to the internet to use for DS wifi?
Just use your phone to make a WEP Hotspot for your DS. You need to set up the custom DNS and other ip settings on your DS (or in game) in order to make it work.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. Can you share with me a tutorial on doing this?

Creating a Hotspot is easy in Android, just create one with no password, obviously your phone needs to be connected to the internet for it to work. Then on the DS, launch the game go to the internet settings, set up the ip, the name of the Hotspot, change the dns to the one on the page above, and hit connect, it will tell if it's connected to it or not.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

actualkoifish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Creating a Hotspot is easy in Android, just create one with no password, obviously your phone needs to be connected to the internet for it to work. Then on the DS, launch the game go to the internet settings, set up the ip, the name of the Hotspot, change the dns to the one on the page above, and hit connect, it will tell if it's connected to it or not.

Doesn't this require use of mobile data? At least on my phone, all I can do is create a hotspot using my mobile data connection, as far as I can tell. Mine is a motorola running android 11, I don't see any option to do something beyond that.

I don't think you can put 2 saves into one cartridge. And you can't combine the 2 saves either. What game are you talking about?

I'm talking specifically about Picross DS. I have a completed save file on my cart, and I want to add to it the saves from that link, but I don't want to end up deleting my original data. I don't know if it's even possible to copy those save files to the cart however.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't this require use of mobile data? At least on my phone, all I can do is create a hotspot using my mobile data connection, as far as I can tell. Mine is a motorola running android 11, I don't see any option to do something beyond that.
As long as your phone is connected to the internet it should work, either with mobile internet or with wifi.

Reactions: banjo2

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it will use mobile data, I believe. not all phones seem to be able to run a hotspot with wifi turned on. I know my old phone couldn't. this new phone can though. if there's no option for it, then you'll probably have to use mobile data.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay