Homebrew DS(i) NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

ryujin889

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have found another way of region changing via Freenand and HiyaCFW, but when I launch Freenand I get error code 1-2435-8325 and I looked everywhere and people say that you should just use hiyaCFW helper 3.5.0 but I don't know how to install the source code to windows. Btw, I am not using a pirated NAND so, I don't want to receive that answer. Thanks. If someone could help me install the source code to Windows that would be appreciated

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have found another way of region changing via Freenand and HiyaCFW, but when I launch Freenand I get error code 1-2435-8325 and I looked everywhere and people say that you should just use hiyaCFW helper 3.5.0 but I don't know how to install the source code to windows. Btw, I am not using a pirated NAND so, I don't want to receive that answer. Thanks. If someone could help me install the source code to Windows that would be appreciated
Freenand doesn't actually let you region change, it just copies DSiWare and settings, to region change you can use this: DSi Language Patcher

ryujin889

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Before I get started all I want to say is I just want to run preinstalled Japanese dsi titles like ds download play, ds camera, ds sound etc. on my american 1.4.5U console.) So I first started out by installing hiyaCFW on my console, Then I decrypted this Japanese nand .So then I was able to delete the pre installed hiyacfw titles from my usa console by using tmfh.nds. Then I open the titles folder on the Japanese dsi nand and I put it on the root of the sd card. I was then able to run only 2 Japenese preinstalles Dsi tiles on it. Those titles were Nintendo DSi Sound, and The Nitendo Zone. I then searched on dsibrew and sure enough the other apps that did not pop up were in the same directory as the sysnand so, hiyaCFW must of been getting these titles from the sysnand instead of sdnand. I know this for a fact because originally before I installed the Japanese titles the nintendo 3ds transfer tool was there on my hiya cfw menu and this was not in the title folder in my sdnand and was coming from my sysnand. So is there any way I can change the directory of where the Japanese titles are stored but have hiya cfw still recognize where they are.

Last edited by ryujin889,

Jevil_DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, something is wrong with my carts, they crash when they boot up, and with twilight menu, they show a series of colored squares when they crash, what do they mean? Is there some sort of codebook as to what they mean?

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Hi, something is wrong with my carts, they crash when they boot up, and with twilight menu, they show a series of colored squares when they crash, what do they mean? Is there some sort of codebook as to what they mean?
Are the colored squares in the same places and have the same colors when it crashes? If not, it could probably just be the DS trying to render sprites but failing due to a game crash

Jevil_DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are the colored squares in the same places and have the same colors when it crashes? If not, it could probably just be the DS trying to render sprites but failing due to a game crash
Yes, ive seen other people have similar errors, and it only shows up with twilight, the combination of colored squares is red, green, red, green.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

Jevil_DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm... Maybe it's trying to display the error code as text, but can't load the font and just uses the squares?
Im not so sure about that, from what I have seen its just twilight's way of showing errors, but only one man knows, robz and the people who he told this info to.

ILeo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Should i homebrew my DSi XL or just keep using the Acekard 2, is there better performance on the cfw than the flashcard? is the cfw going to run at 60fps without any fps drops, same for the acekard will it run at 60fps?

veggav

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was able to run the Twilight Menu++ on a Nintendo DS Lite using the gateway blue cart I had here.

And I remember reading someone saying that it was possible to play DSi games on DS Lite using Twilight Menu.
I tried Zelda Four Swords Anniversary and it got nowhere.

So, is this possible?

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
I was able to run the Twilight Menu++ on a Nintendo DS Lite using the gateway blue cart I had here.

And I remember reading someone saying that it was possible to play DSi games on DS Lite using Twilight Menu.

So, is this possible?
No! The DSiWare games only work on the Dsi and up unfortunately. TWM++ is just a pretty menu for your flashcart if youre running it on your lite i think..

Reactions: veggav

veggav

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No! The DSiWare games only work on the Dsi and up unfortunately. TWM++ is just a pretty menu for your flashcart if youre running it on your lite i think..

Thanks!

Yes. I enjoy the twilight menu, tried during the whole afternoon to get it to autoboot with the gateway blue cartridge but it seems it's not possible.
I actually prefer the feel and size of the DS Lite over my DSi.

Think I'll hunt for a small size 3DS so I can enjoy everything.

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

So, is this possible?

You're probably thinking of this:
Screenshot_20210405-161057.png

From nds-bootstrap release 100
Technically they don't work from TWLM++ on 3DS yet, on DSi it uses Unlaunch. Also, TWLM++/nds-bootstrap serves the purpose of launching DS games on flashcards that don't otherwise support it, plus having several emulators all in one place is nice

SREGGOP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahamas, The
Last edited by SREGGOP,
Reactions: alexj9626

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all