KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
[…]
Is it normal that the Wi-Fi indicator LED lights up on startup after installing unlaunch? It dims down right after booting to SysNAND or SDNAND with HiyaCFW but it stays on when running anything else from the unlaunch filemenu. I remember that I had Wi-Fi turned on when I was installing unlaunch on my DSi, so maybe that's the reason why it stayed like this. It could also be a feature rather than a bug, as I've read that unlaunch initializes Wi-Fi components on startup.
[…]
Sadly this is normal. Unlaunch initializes all hardware including WiFi and this can't be configured.
Booting DSiWare from within TWiLight Menu++ also uses unlaunch and WiFi turns on again.

Reactions: Tarmfot

sethfoxen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm just trying to get the MAX compatibility, but also with the DSi enhanced clock cycles. Nds-bootloader/twilight menu is great, don't get me wrong, but I get much better compatibility with my DSTWO+ flash card, obviously. I've modded my DSiXL with memory pit, installed unlaunch, hiya, and the latest twilight menu. I've noticed in the twilight menu settings there's an option to use your slot 1 flash card as a secondary storage source for roms???? Does this run them using the slot 1 flash card (therefore giving them better compatibility) but does it use the enhanced clock speed if the DSi?
Is there any way I can force a slot 1 flash card to boot using the faster clock rate? Or am I just stuck choosing between incompatibility with nds-loader, or a slower clock rate with my DSTWO+?

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
I agree. Having this thread pinned will make it more visible to anyone who wants to ask something and so the number of new threads asking questions would be reduced.
Can any moderator please pin this thread? Maybe @Flame ? If you don't mind :P

no. dont tell me what to do.

:P

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! So, I asked a similar question in a different thread several weeks ago, and since then, I have been having the same issues. So I figured I would explain things in greater detail this time around.

I currently have a standard Nintendo DSi model equipped with a Toshiba 2GB SD Card.

I have followed the DSi CFW Guide up to the point where the files are put onto the root of the SD Card. Unlaunch has been installed already.

The main issue I have been having is almost none of the redirected SD Card titles have been showing up. I say almost because the only one that shows is duplicate version of the "DSi + Internet Video" :P

The capital lettered options, such as "HIYACFW" don't show up either. In fact, none don't unlike that random duplicate title I mentioned earlier.

It's basically a weird issue I've had with two 2GB SD Cards thus far. It's just this weird anomaly that keeps on happening. I even tried re-formatting them like 5 times to no avail lol.

Here's screenshots of my SD root and my Unlaunch menu. Some of which may be useful info.
upload_2019-6-14_16-33-17.png upload_2019-6-14_16-42-51.png

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Hi! So, I asked a similar question in a different thread several weeks ago, and since then, I have been having the same issues. So I figured I would explain things in greater detail this time around.

I currently have a standard Nintendo DSi model equipped with a Toshiba 2GB SD Card.

I have followed the DSi CFW Guide up to the point where the files are put onto the root of the SD Card. Unlaunch has been installed already.

The main issue I have been having is almost none of the redirected SD Card titles have been showing up. I say almost because the only one that shows is duplicate version of the "DSi + Internet Video" :P

The capital lettered options, such as "HIYACFW" don't show up either. In fact, none don't unlike that random duplicate title I mentioned earlier.

It's basically a weird issue I've had with two 2GB SD Cards thus far. It's just this weird anomaly that keeps on happening. I even tried re-formatting them like 5 times to no avail lol.

Here's screenshots of my SD root and my Unlaunch menu. Some of which may be useful info.
View attachment 169861 View attachment 169863

maybe your sd card is broken.

it seems like your dsi doesnt read your sd card.

do you have another SD card which you could try?

Last edited by Flame,
Reactions: Alexander1970

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol new sd card maybe?
I'll have to try an SDHC card probably. Wanted to use a 2GB so I can use the native DSi Menu, but considering the two 2GB SD Cards I have end with the same result, i'll probably have to go with the other one I have.

Only other thing I can think of with the 2GB cards is maybe an allocation size issue? although I've made sure to keep it at default at all times. So IDK. Will try other options first and see how it goes and will report back.

Reactions: Flame

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol new sd card maybe?
Apologies about the double post. I got a Sony 8GB SDHC Card and it's literally having the same issues O_O. Nothing from the SD Card shows up besides that "DSi + Internet title". This is the strangest thing I've seen all day lol.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Apologies about the double post. I got a Sony 8GB SDHC Card and it's literally having the same issues O_O. Nothing from the SD Card shows up besides that "DSi + Internet title". This is the strangest thing I've seen all day lol.

might be an Unlaunch problem which version did you use. or have.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: HBD 2U