ROM Hack DS(i) mode screen filters. What am I doing wrong?

t33st33r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi everydody.
(If I didn't misunderstood) according to this thread there is a way to run DS/DSi games with screen filters. The filter I want to use is 1x.

This is what I have done:

[1] I checked ON the "Enable loading external FIRMs and modules" in Luma3DS (my version is 10.0.1) configuration. I pressed START to save and boot.
[2] I installed (using FBI) TWPatch.cia and opened it. I patched the FIRM using Sono's crisp (original patch). It created sd:/luma/sysmodules/TwlBg.cxi
[3] I opened TwilightMenu++ and opened a game. Once in game's main menu I pressed START+SELECT to switch to 1x screen filter. It didn't work.
[4] I opened TwiligtMenu++'s "Games and apps settings" to modify "Screen and aspect ratio" and tried again. I got same result.
[5] I patched the FIRM again (using Sonos's crisps (tweaked) this time) and tried again step 3 and 4. I got the same results.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

@Sono please help

Last edited by t33st33r,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everydody.
(If I didn't misunderstood) according to this thread there is a way to run DS/DSi games with screen filters. The filter I want to use is 1x.

This is what I have done:

· I checked ON the "Enable loading external FIRMs and modules" in Luma3DS (my version is 10.0.1) configuration. I pressed START to save and boot.
· I installed (using FBI) TWPatch.cia and opened it. I patched the FIRM using Sono's crisp (original patch). It created sd:/luma/sysmodules/TwlBg.cxi
· I opened TwilightMenu++ and opened a game. Once in game's main menu I pressed START+SELECT to switch to 1x screen filter. It didn't work.
· I opened TwiligtMenu++'s "Games and apps settings" to modify "Screen and aspect ratio" and tried again. I got same result.
· I patched the FIRM again (using Sonos's crisps (tweaked) this time) and tried again step 3 and 4. I got the same results.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
The only thing I dont get. Is why you bothered to post out here when that thread is there to help with such questions or issues. Espcially when posting there will grab the attention of Sono quicker than this will.

t33st33r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
My experience (in some threads) I have posted questions my post got unnoticed (slipped past). My will was not to bother anyone... sorry if I did.

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everydody.
[3] I opened TwilightMenu++ and opened a game. Once in game's main menu I pressed START+SELECT to switch to 1x screen filter. It didn't work.
What am I doing wrong?

Don't you need to hold start/select on the *3DS* Home Menu when launching TwilightMenu to set 1x scaling? That works for me.

Reactions: t33st33r

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls