Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Peeteris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
v25.0.1 (hotfix)

Bug fixes​

• Fixed music in `.raw` format from custom skins of DSi-based themes not playing.
  • The image viewer now reads the SD removal detection setting.
Do you plan on fixing backlight bug?
It's really game breaking for flashcard users on DS lite ar games always start on lowest brightness, because it doesn't recognize 512, 1024 as brightness values in _wfwd\backligt.ini

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you plan on fixing backlight bug?
It's really game breaking for flashcard users on DS lite ar games always start on lowest brightness, because it doesn't recognize 512, 1024 as brightness values in _wfwd\backligt.ini
I (currently) have no idea how to fix it.

Peeteris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This implies something weird is going on with the backlight math, because as per http://problemkaputt.de/gbatek.htm#dspowermanagementdevice it should indeed just be 0,1,2,3.

Dirty fix is to probably just do log2((x/128)), or fix whatever happened to that int at 0x02003000.

EDIT: this math is wrong. I based this with the assumption that the above values posted by @Peeteris is correct, however, the actual values set are the following:
3=1024, 2=768, 1=512, 0=256.
So the math should actually be (x/256)-1.
Hey, lifehackerhansol
Could you maybe help RocketRobz with the solution?
Maybe for some donations?

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
@RocketRobz
Been very long time since I have posted in this great thread, I hope you & your family are all doing well. 👍
I have a question regarding soft reset on dsi xl when playing dsiware games does it work? On n3ds I think it works by pressing R,L,Down +Select but not on dsi xl.

Reactions: RocketRobz

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@RocketRobz
Been very long time since I have posted in this great thread, I hope you & your family are all doing well. 👍
I have a question regarding soft reset on dsi xl when playing dsiware games does it work? On n3ds I think it works by pressing R,L,Down +Select but not on dsi xl.
Yes, it does work in DSiWare games. Also, to open the in-game menu (which does work on DSi XL) does not require the R button.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fixed not booting via hiyaCFW, depending on the `SysNAND Region`/`Launcher` settings.
For some reason this still doesn't work fully as it's supposed to, i think..
On my DSi XL, with latest TWilightMenu version installed, changing the "sysnand region" to Auto (HiyaCFW only), and "sysnand launcher" to None. When pressing "b" when still in the R4 initial menu (using the R4 Original theme), with those settings it takes me to SDNAND. But when i reboot the system those 2 settings (sysnand region & launcher) they don't save & change back to the way they were before, for some reason..

Also from my tests, when using the DSi theme & with the aforementioned sysnand region & launcher settings, when pressing "select" and DSiMenu, it takes me to sysnand and not sdnand.
I hope i'm not missing something very obvious, but i have tried to make it work and the situation i described above is the only time it booted to SDNand for me.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, i didn't know TWilightMenu had a title limit (in a given folder), it's around 340 i think. Yesterday i transfered some nds files and when i booted the system they didn't show up. After some back and forth checking, to make sure they weren't hidden files, or some other sd card problem etc. Same result. Until i read somewhere online that there's a title limit. So i split the nds rom folder into 2, both with their saves folder. And then they appeared.

totakeke95

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I get random crashes playing Blue Dragon Awakened Shadow in DSi mode, is this game blacklisted or should I change to DS mode? In DSi mode it feels less lag but I don't understand why it crashes constantly.

Last edited by totakeke95,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get random crashes playing Blue Dragon Awakened Shadow in DSi mode, is this game blacklisted or should I change to DS mode? In DSi mode it feels less lag but I don't understand why it crashes constantly.
Sounds like the AP-patch isn't applied. Try DS mode with TWL clock speed enabled.

nemmixx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
unrelated to the question i asked before this one, but is it fine if i uninstall memory pit (i have unlaunch installed) so i can view sd card photos? or do i need it (also, i have a dsi and tell me how do i do uninstall)

totakeke95

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@RocketRobz Doesn't work, it gets stuck on a black screen when pressing continue or new game. I 've been playing in DS mode and works fine but when I try to change it to DSi mode or 133 TWL speed it crashes.
I've the game already patched with APfix, game is european version (Spain)
EDIT

Strange case doing tests.
If I manually patch APfix the game starts normally at speed 133 TWL but after a while it crash. However if i dont apply APfix to it and it does it automatically via ndsbootstrap it also starts normally too but when I press continue or new game nothing happens, it permantly stays in main game menu. I dont really know where is the problem, if is the AP patch or is a matter of compatibility between NTR/TWL.

Last edited by totakeke95,

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
unrelated to the question i asked before this one, but is it fine if i uninstall memory pit (i have unlaunch installed) so i can view sd card photos? or do i need it (also, i have a dsi and tell me how do i do uninstall)
That's fine, recommended even. It's explained at the end of the installing Unlaunch page.

dsi.cfw.guide said:
  • Delete the sd:/private/ds/app/484E494A/pit.bin file from your SD card
    • If tip.bin still exists, then rename it back to pit.bin
  • You can now restore the DCIM folder that was on the root of your SD card, if this folder existed

v25.1.0

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v25.1.0: TWL Summer Release #6
Includes nds-bootstrap v0.62.0 (GBATemp thread)

What's new?​

• @DeadSkullzJr: Updated AP-fix for Pokémon: SoothingSilver Version (v1.2.1 to v1.2.2)
  • If the WiFi setting is found to be off, it'll now be auto-set to on.
    • This is done for those who have previously updated to the TWLMenu++ version which sets the WiFi setting off by default for 3DS/2DS users.
    • If you still don't want to use wireless/WiFi features, you must manually turn it off again in TWLMenu++ Settings.
  • A TWiLight Menu++ .nds/.srldr file can no longer be launched from within TWiLight Menu++ itself.
  • 3DS theme: The rotating cubes are now displayed in B&W/Grayscale mode.

Bug fixes​

• @Pk11: Fixed volume icon, time text, and battery icon being placed over previous one(s) when updated.
  • Fixed known bugs related to B&W/Grayscale mode.

Known bug​

• The HBL theme will now have the volume icon, time text, and battery icon show a gray background behind them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?