Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
should be able to. I think sdhc is the largest readable, up to 32GBs, on an nds, but there may be a way to read larger cards, because I know the everdrive on the gba can read up to 128GBs. I'm going based on the flash cart I have, which is a supercard dstwo. that can only read up to 32GBs. I'm sure your card can read at least 4GBs.
The DSi and every flashcard I've used that support SDHC also support SDXC (up to 2TB) with the one condition that you reformat as FAT-32 fyi. I've actually never seen a device that supported SDHC but didn't support FAT-32 formatted SDXC.

(specifically I have DSTT, Acekard 2i, and DSONE SDHC)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DSi and every flashcard I've used that support SDHC also support SDXC (up to 2TB) with the one condition that you reformat as FAT-32 fyi. I've actually never seen a device that supported SDHC but didn't support FAT-32 formatted SDXC.

(specifically I have DSTT, Acekard 2i, and DSONE SDHC)
I looked on the supercard dstwo's website, and it mentions only supporting up to 32GBs. I think that's the max for sdhc.

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
I looked on the supercard dstwo's website, and it mentions only supporting up to 32GBs. I think that's the max for sdhc.
Have you actually tried though? Most companies will claim up to 32 GB because you don't officially support SDXC unless you support ExFAT (as FAT-32 isn't officially supported), but there's no actual reason FAT-32 isn't supported, iirc Microsoft just paid the SD Association to use it or something like that.

Pedroxx13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
i have a problem, with my dsi (dsi xl and dsi) when i run my dump of pokemon dsi enhaced ( black/white, black2/white2) works flawlessly in dsi mode ( its easy to check because on dsi mode the network settings are used from launcher settings and dont let you change anything), but if i try to run directly form the card on twilight menu, the games run in normal ds mode instead.
i tried ussing the direrct boot option and the game of the cart run in ds mode. In the reboot mode, simply dont start and in unlaunch mode i get black screen...
This is a bug or something?
Thanks RocketRobz for your amazing work!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a problem, with my dsi (dsi xl and dsi) when i run my dump of pokemon dsi enhaced ( black/white, black2/white2) works flawlessly in dsi mode ( its easy to check because on dsi mode the network settings are used from launcher settings and dont let you change anything), but if i try to run directly form the card on twilight menu, the games run in normal ds mode instead.
i tried ussing the direrct boot option and the game of the cart run in ds mode. In the reboot mode, simply dont start and in unlaunch mode i get black screen...
This is a bug or something?
Thanks RocketRobz for your amazing work!
It is unknown how to boot Slot-1 in DSi mode, so that's why TWLMenu++ can only run them in DS mode.

2DSGamerdude

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hi all, um im on twilight menu 23.1.1, with lastest bootstrap nds and i have an issue with kingdom Hearts 358/2 days game:

i can't seem to get pasted a black screen that happens on day 298 mission.
at somepoint when chasing the orginzation imposter, at the point where they are at a corner, you must go there for a cutscene trigger, when you get there the game suddenly frezzes on a black screen with the music still playing, but no action playing.

any fix for this? i tried it on flashcard (R4I 3ds gold) same result as on twilightmenu.

not sure if it needs to be AP patched via ds scene tool (manual)?

thanx.

also, why does pokemon heartgold have an AP issue and soulsilver does not?

the romhack of heartgold (heartred) seems to glicth out alot, and freeze on white/black screens too often,
beacuse of this annoying issue, i have to reboot the menu to play the game again, and save every so often becuae of this issue with this specific game.
maybe because of the ap that heartgold has?

Last edited by 2DSGamerdude,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi all, um im on twilight menu 23.1.1, with lastest bootstrap nds and i have an issue with kingdom Hearts 358/2 days game:

i can't seem to get pasted a black screen that happens on day 298 mission.
at somepoint when chasing the orginzation imposter, at the point where they are at a corner, you must go there for a cutscene trigger, when you get there the game suddenly frezzes on a black screen with the music still playing, but no action playing.

any fix for this? i tried it on flashcard (R4I 3ds gold) same result as on twilightmenu.

not sure if it needs to be AP patched via ds scene tool (manual)?

thanx.
I've never encountered this issue, last time I tried. Some specific settings could cause the issue. Try turning off card read DMA.
If it doesn't fix it, then either manually AP-patch the ROM, or wait for a fix.
also, why does pokemon heartgold have an AP issue and soulsilver does not?

the romhack of heartgold (heartred) seems to glicth out alot, and freeze on white/black screens too often,
beacuse of this annoying issue, i have to reboot the menu to play the game again, and save every so often becuae of this issue with this specific game.
maybe because of the ap that heartgold has?
The ROM needs to be AP-patched first, before applying a ROM hack patch.

Reactions: Tarmfot and banjo2

77Urmel77

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Please help me. My DSi's Screens are flickering if I try to play Arkanoid DS from my flashcard.

I use a M3 DS REAL with a class 10 Sandisk µSD- card with 32 GB of space formatted to Fat32 with 32 KB of clustersize with TWLM++ v23.1.1 with nds-bootstrap v0.51.1 installed on top of RGF's multicardupdate v7.06 following the instructions from page 1 of this thread. My NDS is a DSi XL is on firmware 1.4.5E it has Unlaunch 2.0 installed via MemoryPIT. In the internal SD-slot it has a SDXC capable SD2µSD-adapter with a class 10 Verbatim µSD- card with 32 GB of space formatted to Fat32 with 32 KB of clustersize with TWLM++ v23.1.1 with nds-bootstrap v0.51.1 installed.

Whether using nds -bootstrap is activated or not in both cases there is screen flickering starting and running this game.

Many other games run very ok.

I noticed this flickering playing a few other games, too but i cant recall their names, sorry for that.

Edit: The problem only exists if the game is run from the M3 DS REAL. If it is run from the internal SD-slot it plays fine. But this doesn't fix the problem.

Edit 2: If only RGF's multicardupdate v7.06 is installed the game also boots up flickering.

Last edited by 77Urmel77,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please help me. My DSi's Screens are flickering if I try to play Arkanoid DS from my flashcard.

I use a M3 DS REAL with a class 10 Sandisk µSD- card with 32 GB of space formatted to Fat32 with 32 KB of clustersize with TWLM++ v23.1.1 with nds-bootstrap v0.51.1 installed on top of RGF's multicardupdate v7.06 following the instructions from page 1 of this thread. My NDS is a DSi XL is on firmware 1.4.5E it has Unlaunch 2.0 installed via MemoryPIT. In the internal SD-slot it has a SDXC capable SD2µSD-adapter with a class 10 Verbatim µSD- card with 32 GB of space formatted to Fat32 with 32 KB of clustersize with TWLM++ v23.1.1 with nds-bootstrap v0.51.1 installed.

Whether using nds -bootstrap is activated or not in both cases there is screen flickering starting and running this game.

Many other games run very ok.

I noticed this flickering playing a few other games, too but i cant recall their names, sorry for that.

Edit: The problem only exists if the game is run from the M3 DS REAL. If it is run from the internal SD-slot it plays fine. But this doesn't fix the problem.

Edit 2: If only RGF's multicardupdate v7.06 is installed the game also boots up flickering.
Is SCFG access enabled or no?

77Urmel77

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is SCFG access enabled or no?
I tried it with and without. It seems not to make a difference.

Edit; I should try to describe more precisely what I mean by screen flickering - the company logos shown while starting Arkanoid DS on my M3 DS REAL are not displayed correctly. they are displayed a little corrupted, fractured, sometimes mirrored on the other screen, changing very fast. This also continues ingame but less frequently.

kenseiden

i am overflow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried it with and without. It seems not to make a difference.

Edit; I should try to describe more precisely what I mean by screen flickering - the company logos shown while starting Arkanoid DS on my M3 DS REAL are not displayed correctly. they are displayed a little corrupted, fractured, sometimes mirrored on the other screen, changing very fast. This also continues ingame but less frequently.
If I remember correctly, Arkanoid and other games that exhibit similar behavior have to run under 67 mhz mode to stop the flickering between the screens.

Reactions: 77Urmel77

77Urmel77

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If I remember correctly, Arkanoid and other games that exhibit similar behavior have to run under 67 mhz mode to stop the flickering between the screens.
Sorry but I don't understand what this means in my case or more precisely how I can use this information with my setup to get rid of this behavior?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v23.2.0

Includes nds-bootstrap v0.52.0

What's new?
  • DSi-based themes: The battery charge icon is now shown on DS lite consoles, when charging.
Improvements
  • (@R-YaTian) Updated AP-fix and widescreen codes for Chinese translation (Rev 4) of Pokémon B2W2.
  • (@Pk11 and various) Updated translations.
Bug fixes
  • Fixed settings not being read when launching Slot-1.
    • This fixes TWLMenu++ being limited to DS mode options when launching from flashcard with the SCFG unlock setting.
  • The hotkey option is now shown on flashcards in DS mode.
  • (@Pk11) Fixed blacklists hiding options until reboot.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

bbking67

FAMILY FIRST
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure if I should use this thread or create a new one.

I've installed Twilight menu on my DSi systems and of course it's fantastic. Now I also have some older flash carts, and I can reboot into the flash carts from the Twilight Menu. To be honest though, I would rather just use Twilight for the flash cards too.

So my questions:

1. Can I boot Twilight and access the Slot-1 cards directly? Or do I absolutely have to reboot into the flash cart?
2. Is there a practical way to make Twilight the default menu on the flash carts so that it just boots up? I have 7-8 different flash carts including iTouch, M3i Zero, R4isdhc (a clone), m3 Simply, etc. The M3i Zero doesn't work from the menu for some reason (I get 4 coloured squares)

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bug fixes
  • Fixed settings not being read when launching Slot-1.
    • This fixes TWLMenu++ being limited to DS mode options when launching from flashcard with the SCFG unlock setting.
  • The hotkey option is now shown on flashcards in DS mode.
  • (@Pk11) Fixed blacklists hiding options until reboot.
Now Slot-1 doesn't launch on my end no matter what. Even using the reboot method just hard locks the console. (Direct softlocks it, forcing a quit of TWL_FIRM)

It used to boot in raw DS mode when autobooted, and softlock on manual boot.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if I should use this thread or create a new one.

I've installed Twilight menu on my DSi systems and of course it's fantastic. Now I also have some older flash carts, and I can reboot into the flash carts from the Twilight Menu. To be honest though, I would rather just use Twilight for the flash cards too.

So my questions:

1. Can I boot Twilight and access the Slot-1 cards directly? Or do I absolutely have to reboot into the flash cart?
2. Is there a practical way to make Twilight the default menu on the flash carts so that it just boots up? I have 7-8 different flash carts including iTouch, M3i Zero, R4isdhc (a clone), m3 Simply, etc. The M3i Zero doesn't work from the menu for some reason (I get 4 coloured squares)
  1. You can turn on Auto-start Slot-1 in TWLMenu++ Settings.
  2. Yes. see this guide, which contains steps to make your flashcard autoboot into TWLMenu++.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things