Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for sega genesis only via picodriveTWL no Jnesis option. And for super nintendo it says " To launch this tittle, please restart TWiLight Menu++ from Unlaunch"
In that case, do what it says, and either start TWiLight Menu++ from Unlaunch, or have Unlaunch auto-start TWiLight Menu++.
If you've already done so, make sure Limited Mode is turned off, as it's not recommended for everyday usage, and should only be used for testing in a DSiWarehax environment without an actual exploit.

Reactions: banjo2

widhalmaustin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone help me my slot 1 micro is set to off and settings are set to select I have pokemon white inserted in the n2dsxl but its not connecting I'm trying to connect the pokewalker

Last edited by widhalmaustin,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone help me my slot 1 micro is set to off and settings are set to select I have pokemon white inserted in the n2dsxl but its not connecting I'm trying to connect the pokewalker
You need to downgrade TWiLight Menu++ and nds-bootstrap to a specific version for IR to work.
The TWLMenu++ version is v12.2.1, and nds-bootstrap version is v0.30.1.

vgambit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On my DS Lite, I installed the current version of TWiLight Menu++ on my AceKard 2(i). I have an Ez Flash V installed in slot 2. I was previously using I think akaio as the firmware/menu. DS and GBA games worked fine. But with TM, DS games still work, but GBA games freeze right at the end of the game boy boot animation.

Is there an extra config step I missed? I can't see a way to set it to native; only "Native > GBARunner2" shows. I disabled updating the recently played list, and that didn't help. Setting DLDI access to ARM7 also didn't help. Use nds-bootstrap is set to No per the documentation.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On my DS Lite, I installed the current version of TWiLight Menu++ on my AceKard 2(i). I have an Ez Flash V installed in slot 2. I was previously using I think akaio as the firmware/menu. DS and GBA games worked fine. But with TM, DS games still work, but GBA games freeze right at the end of the game boy boot animation.

Is there an extra config step I missed? I can't see a way to set it to native; only "Native > GBARunner2" shows. I disabled updating the recently played list, and that didn't help. Setting DLDI access to ARM7 also didn't help. Use nds-bootstrap is set to No per the documentation.
"Native > GBARunner2" means that Native is prioritized and used over GBARunner2, when using a Slot-2 flashcard such as yours.
Unfortunately, it seems your flashcard is incompatible (and can't fix support for it, due to me not owning it), so you'll need to use a different one (such as SuperCard miniSD/microSD), or use GBARunner2 instead.

vgambit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Native > GBARunner2" means that Native is prioritized and used over GBARunner2, when using a Slot-2 flashcard such as yours.
Unfortunately, it seems your flashcard is incompatible (and can't fix support for it, due to me not owning it), so you'll need to use a different one (such as SuperCard miniSD/microSD), or use GBARunner2 instead.

Damn. Is there any way to get TM to load saves from the rom directory, instead of the saves subdirectory? Then I should be able to get the desired functionality; flash cart in the DS Lite for DS and GBA games, and in the 3DS for just DS games.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn. Is there any way to get TM to load saves from the rom directory, instead of the saves subdirectory? Then I should be able to get the desired functionality; flash cart in the DS Lite for DS and GBA games, and in the 3DS for just DS games.
The launched game's save is automatically moved outside of the "saves" folder for the flashcard kernel to read.

kralde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I accidentally broke the script when creating an autoboot file for the r4ids.cn carts. It's fixed and will come back in the next update.

In the meantime, you can grab the nightly: https://github.com/TWLBot/Builds/releases

Sorry about that!
Thanks a lot for your time and reply!!

—————————————

Moving to another question for everyone , is there any use of the official memory expansion pack for the Nintendo ds lite browser for improve twilight menu? Thanks a lot

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

—————————————

Moving to another question for everyone , is there any use of the official memory expansion pack for the Nintendo ds lite browser for improve twilight menu? Thanks a lot
I believe nds-bootstrap attempts to fit games into the memory pak when it's detected. It only really works for the smaller games.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

—————————————

TWiLight Menu++ already uses it for showing the 3D cubes on the top screen in the 3DS theme.

Megasoum

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

So I am using Twilight Menu++ v22.2.0 on my 3DS to play DS games.

I can play all the games just fine except for Chinatown Wars. The same copy of the game was working fine on my DS with a flashcard but when I try to boot it on the 3DS I just get a white screen and I have to quit out of Twilight to continue.

Is there something special that needs to be done for that game specifically?

Thanks!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

So I am using Twilight Menu++ v22.2.0 on my 3DS to play DS games.

I can play all the games just fine except for Chinatown Wars. The same copy of the game was working fine on my DS with a flashcard but when I try to boot it on the 3DS I just get a white screen and I have to quit out of Twilight to continue.

Is there something special that needs to be done for that game specifically?

Thanks!
The game works fine on my side.
If you haven't reached the nds-bootstrap screen, try rebooting. If you have, then you have a corrupt ROM. Try replacing it.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey