Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Hidro

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Little question here:
Is this the place where i can ask normal questions about twilightmenu?

Or i have to change forums?

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
Little question here:
Is this the place where i can ask normal questions about twilightmenu?

Or i have to change forums?
Yeah, this is right for anything about TWiLight, at least if it's in the menu itself. If it's in a game then you may want to use the nds-bootstrap (DS games), GBARunner2 (GBA games), etc threads.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After a quick test on both nds-bootstrap and a retail cartridge, I can report that 42 All-Time Classics (also known as Clubhouse Games) breaks at TWL clock speeds, causing a potentially siezure-inducing high-speed switching of the top and bottom screens.

I made sure to test the other modes too - VRAM mode in particular.
Clubhouse Games is already on the TWL clock speed blacklist, so please keep the clock speed on either "Default" or "67mhz (NTR)."

Reactions: banjo2

Impikxn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I just came to thank you for the amazing work you have done :grog:, but I have a question. What are the SDK2 games? Is there any way to identify them? I would like to be able to observe/report how the compatibility in this version with respect to the 0.48. :bow:

Reactions: banjo2

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
I just came to thank you for the amazing work you have done :grog:, but I have a question. What are the SDK2 games? Is there any way to identify them? I would like to be able to observe/report how the compatibility in this version with respect to the 0.48. :bow:
They're games made using the 2nd version of Nintendo's SDK. You can check the version in TWiLight's pre-game settings (press Y on the game), or generally anything from the first couple years of the DS will be SDK2, not sure the exact date range but SDK3 probably started sometime in 2006 or 2007 I think (and SDK1 wan't really a thing I don't think).

DollarMenuKing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a bit of a newbie here, and I just installed twilight menu to my dsi, and I've been trying to figure out how to set a DSiware ROM to be a donor rom to a DSi Enhanced game, I've pressed Y on the game that needs the donor ROM and I've went through the settings.ini, and I still can't find out where I can set a DSiware game as a donor

If anybody can help me it would be most appreciated

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a bit of a newbie here, and I just installed twilight menu to my dsi, and I've been trying to figure out how to set a DSiware ROM to be a donor rom to a DSi Enhanced game, I've pressed Y on the game that needs the donor ROM and I've went through the settings.ini, and I still can't find out where I can set a DSiware game as a donor

If anybody can help me it would be most appreciated
You need to press Y while a DSiWare ROM is selected, then scroll down to the donor ROM option.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v22.2.0

Includes nds-bootstrap v0.49.1

What's new?
  • Limited Mode has been added to TWLMenu++ Settings, and allows TWiLight Menu++ to run in a DSiWarehax environment without the need for an exploited DSiWare/System app!
    • Recommended for testing purposes.
    • General setting replicates the usual DSiWare exploits, and Memory Pit setting replicates, well, the DSi Camera exploit (but has lower DSiWare compatibility).
  • If a DS(i) game's save size is lower than expected, it'll now be expanded to the expected size to prevent eventual data loss.
Bug fixes
  • (@lifehackerhansol) Fixed autoboot files for Ace3DS+, R4iLS, and Gateway Blue.
  • DSi binaries are now checked before showing Set as Donor ROM for DSi-Enhanced games.
    • Does not affect DS mode flashcard users.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just updated my 3ds and ds, after a sort of fiasco. for some reason, universal updater wasn't finding the new update. it wasn't updating at all, so I deleted it. I then tried to reinstall it with fbi and its qr code, but it would error. something was wrong with the network, so I ran a diagnostic on it. apparently, another device was using the same ip, so I changed the ip. I'm assuming it was the tv downstairs or roku on another tv that caused this. anyway, I was then able to install universal updater with its qr code, it updated, then I was update on the 3ds (checked filezilla with the new ip, and it worked). the ds caused no problem other than the finicky nature of the supercard dstwo when putting the micro sd card in just right as well as the supercard dstwo into the ds just right as well. it's a major pita to get out of the 3ds, because I think it's slightly smaller than an actual ds cart.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found out where the conflict was. it was the ps5. I already changed the ip on the 3ds, so I made that ip it was using static on the ps5.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Did you go into the dsiware folder?
If so, make sure they're not in zip files or something. Show a screenshot of the folder as well.
they were in zip format my bad, unzipped them and they're showing up now, really sorry and thanks for the best app on 3ds and for been one of the most helpful developers. 😊

bald_hedgehog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
What happens when you try to launch the GEN or SNES ROMs now?
for sega genesis only via picodriveTWL no Jnesis option. And for super nintendo it says " To launch this tittle, please restart TWiLight Menu++ from Unlaunch"

Attachments

• IMG20211014084558.jpg
    IMG20211014084558.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 39

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: