Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

CougarAlone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Try turning off card read DMA and/or asynch card read in the per-game settings (opened by pressing Y in the ROM menu).

EDIT: Both ROMs boot on my side. Make sure you've updated to v22.0.0, and that your ROMs aren't corrupt.
Okay I decided to skip tomorrow and I just updated and now it works. Thank you so much. I thought I had to use my screwdriver to get my sd card out but there was QR code download for The Universal updater thing. Both versions of Harvest Moon works

T0biasCZe

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I installed the TwPatcher that is used for the widescreen patch from the guide, but i only changed the scaling method to sharpen and applied it, and now if i start twilight menu++, it always gets stuck on white screen. when i delete the twlbg it starts working again :(

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed the TwPatcher that is used for the widescreen patch from the guide, but i only changed the scaling method to sharpen and applied it, and now if i start twilight menu++, it always gets stuck on white screen. when i delete the twlbg it starts working again :(
Have you tried pressing HOME and then pressing B while on the white screen?

Reactions: banjo2

GomesBR2003

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Interesting, I saw I can use this menu on a Flashcart and the fact it has even the R4 Revolution menu is pretty compeling. Would there be any advantages using this over the stock Wood R4 menu?

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Interesting, I saw I can use this menu on a Flashcart and the fact it has even the R4 Revolution menu is pretty compeling. Would there be any advantages using this over the stock Wood R4 menu?
You'll likely have even less compatibility with games when using TWiLight Menu++ solely on the flashcard.

There are other options, however. Say... you can enable SCFG access on a CFW 3DS or DSi, then launch the flashcard, so you can access the SD card on the flashcard while using the extra hardware of said console. This isn't really tested though.

In most cases, if your flashcard already has a Wood R4 kernel for it, I don't think it'll be of much use for you.

GomesBR2003

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You'll likely have even less compatibility with games when using TWiLight Menu++ solely on the flashcard.

There are other options, however. Say... you can enable SCFG access on a CFW 3DS or DSi, then launch the flashcard, so you can access the SD card on the flashcard while using the extra hardware of said console. This isn't really tested though.

In most cases, if your flashcard already has a Wood R4 kernel for it, I don't think it'll be of much use for you.
Alright, thanks for the information!

MarioKartFan

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
@RocketRobz I might be imaging things but I have checked several times now and I am seeing better performance in GTA Chinatown Wars with SWI Halt hook disabled.

That said, Chinatown Wars is a tough game to gauge even on the original hardware as performance depends upon level of onscreen activity etcetera.

Am I imagining things?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@RocketRobz I might be imaging things but I have checked several times now and I am seeing better performance in GTA Chinatown Wars with SWI Halt hook disabled.

That said, Chinatown Wars is a tough game to gauge even on the original hardware as performance depends upon level of onscreen activity etcetera.

Am I imagining things?
Nope. Disabling SWI Halt hooking definitely improves performance in some games.

kralde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why the autoboot folder for the original r4 flashcard is empty in the last update? Can't install it justfor that reason :(

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why the autoboot folder for the original r4 flashcard is empty in the last update? Can't install it justfor that reason :(
I accidentally broke the script when creating an autoboot file for the r4ids.cn carts. It's fixed and will come back in the next update.

In the meantime, you can grab the nightly: https://github.com/TWLBot/Builds/releases

Sorry about that!

Updates

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v22.1.0

Includes nds-bootstrap v0.49.0

What's new?
  • (@Pk11) Unlaunch's launcher patches are now defaulted to on.
Improvements
  • Replaced CycloDSi check with an arm7 MBK check, should there be any more future DSi mode flashcards.
  • (@Pk11 and various) Updated translations.
Bug fixes
  • Fixed TWL_FIRM stuck in stretched widescreen after launching Slot-1.
  • DSi-based themes: Fixed delay before moving cursor.
  • Fixed donor ROM message not shown for some SDK5 games, when one is not set.
  • (@lifehackerhansol) Original R4 and Ace3DS+ autoboot file has been re-added.
  • (@banjo2) Changed MPEG4/MP4 references to FastVideo/FV.
  • (@MechanicalDragon0687) LEGO Batman: The Videogame has been blacklisted from using TWL clock speed.
  • Fixed black screen appearing when exiting from nds-bootstrap.

Jimmy_Threecocks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this would be why or not, but would installing Twilight Menu on 3DS mess with being able to play DSiWare games? Everything else seems to work fine, but when I try to launch any DSiWare title I get the generic "An error has occurred" screen.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this would be why or not, but would installing Twilight Menu on 3DS mess with being able to play DSiWare games? Everything else seems to work fine, but when I try to launch any DSiWare title I get the generic "An error has occurred" screen.
If you're using EmuNAND, please follow this guide here.
If that doesn't fix the error, or if you have no EmuNAND, then follow this guide here.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After a quick test on both nds-bootstrap and a retail cartridge, I can report that 42 All-Time Classics (also known as Clubhouse Games) breaks at TWL clock speeds, causing a potentially siezure-inducing high-speed switching of the top and bottom screens.

I made sure to test the other modes too - VRAM mode in particular.

Reactions: Tarmfot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all