Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

CrashMidnick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
3DS mode would be when you're outside DS(i) mode, so no. It only runs in DS(i) mode.

Also, for touch input to work, the homebrew would need to be recompiled using the latest versions of the used libraries, but since it's not open-source, you'd need to ask the developer of DSx86 to do so.

No, I mean DSi mode on a 3DS. Touch screen works when you put it in DS and 67mhz mode but it will somewhat crash : it says it cannot find the main folders (DATA). If you leave default settings, touch screen does not work but it finds main DATA folder.

Last edited by CrashMidnick,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I mean DSi mode on a 3DS. Touch screen works when you put it in DS and 67mhz mode but it will somewhat crash : it says it cannot find the main folders (DATA). If you leave default settings, touch screen does not work but it finds main DATA folder.
Same case then.
The touch code used is likely bugged.

CrashMidnick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok thanks, I will try to contact the author then. I remember I asked him to free the source code 1 year ago but he never replied...

EDIT : Patrick replied, he cannot free the source code because he used part of it commercially and he is too busy to work on it again not to say he did not touch it for many years. Thank you Patrick, letting us play games such as alone in the dark on a 67mhz device was impressive back in the time !

Last edited by CrashMidnick,

Spider2099

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you help me with downloading ComicBookDS, the .nds rom doesn't boot when I use Twilight Menu++ to run it and I'm not really sure how to use DLDI patching to run it. Also, I'm using the sd port of the DSi to run Twilight Menu++.

Last edited by Spider2099,
Reactions: Tarmfot

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you help me with downloading ComicBookDS, the .nds rom doesn't boot when I use Twilight Menu++ to run it and I'm not really sure how to use DLDI patching to run it. Also, I'm using the sd port of the DSi to run Twilight Menu++.
You might need to use a RAM disk to run CBDS.

Reactions: banjo2

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I mean if it doesn't work for me. maybe you can find the solution.
It's likely just a compatibility issue. Unfortunately, when it comes to homebrew, I have no ideas on how to fix them.
If the source code for CBDS is available, it could probably be recompiled, in order for CBDS to work natively from the SD card.
Also, What's up with the DSi Ware Stuff?
What about DSiWare support, exactly?
Most are working fine, if that's what you're wondering about.

Reactions: Tarmfot

Spider2099

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sucks... off topic: how's your day been? Have you been working on more DSi projects and what are they? Have you been working on MPEG-4 DS because that was a really cool project? And Last, but not least, I've wondered how do you design those photos with the Purple Cappy from Mario Oddessy?

Reactions: banjo2

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sucks... off topic: how's your day been? Have you been working on more DSi projects and what are they? Have you been working on MPEG-4 DS because that was a really cool project? And Last, but not least, I've wondered how do you design those photos with the Purple Cappy from Mario Oddessy?
  1. Doing good.
  2. Yes, one. See here.
  3. Nope. Gericom (the GBARunner2 dev) has worked on it. There's a new video player coming, and will be better, and made by the same dev.
  4. The character avatar was made in the 4th entry of the Style Savvy series, and the cappy eyes have been added using GIMP.

Spider2099

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Photo Studios seems cool, have you thought of making a forum where people could suggest a character?
Also, what kind of dsi video player are you going to make, will it use .mp4? (I don't have a phone so I'm desperate)
Do you know if you can decompile CBDS and then recompile it so it works or is there some kind of Alternative CBDS tool (for viewing comics/manga) I can use, I've tried a lot and they don't really work (Not including DSi Signature tool, cause I can't access that with Twilight Menu++ and because it takes too long to convert all the photos)

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Photo Studios seems cool, have you thought of making a forum where people could suggest a character?
You could join the Universal-Server on Discord here, and suggest a character over at the #base-of-rocket-robz channel.
Also, what kind of dsi video player are you going to make, will it use .mp4? (I don't have a phone so I'm desperate)
I won't be making (another) one. The only one I've ever made was the Rocket Video Player.
Just wait for Gericom to release his, and it may be included in TWLMenu++, when or after it's out.
Do you know if you can decompile CBDS and then recompile it so it works or is there some kind of Alternative CBDS tool (for viewing comics/manga) I can use, I've tried a lot and they don't really work (Not including DSi Signature tool, cause I can't access that with Twilight Menu++ and because it takes too long to convert all the photos)
There are alternatives, iirc, though I don't know the names of them.

Reactions: Tarmfot and banjo2

Spider2099

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've looked at a bunch of alternatives, but I never can seem to get them to work right, or they're garbage. If anyone has any suggestions, please recommend(keep in mind, no flashcart just sd slot for dsi).

Robz, how did you manage to make twilight menu++? Were you born god or how did you learn how to do it?

Last edited by Spider2099,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Robz, how did you manage to make twilight menu++? Were you born god or how did you learn how to do it?
I've taught myself how to code for a while.
It all started with making a DSi Menu-like GUI for 3DS consoles, called TWLoader, which is the first application I've ever coded, and started out as just a plain text menu that lists DS ROMs from a specific folder, and starting one would make the console reboot into DS mode, with nds-bootstrap loading the selected ROM.
Later on, I've made SRLoader, which is the DS(i) equivalent to TWLoader, and now known as TWiLight Menu++.

Both TWLoader and SRLoader have aimed to contain the best UI available for users to launch DS games through it's backend, nds-bootstrap.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: